New Video! Will the media have our back?

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
I was thinking about having UPS drivers pull up in their new Ford Raptors, and get out with their Louis Vuitton jumpsuits on and do interviews? Bad idea?

I remember during the “97” strike the media selected their token “blue collar trucker” for interviews. I cringed ….

They never approached the college educated members…it didn’t fit their narrative at the time.

nWo

Media will have our backs about poor working conditions, harassment, 6th day punches.

They aren't going to support us crying about having to decide between a new RV and a new boat.

nWo

Screenshot_20230710-115109~2.png

Screenshot_20230710-115137~2.png

The media will report an exaggerated wage. And the General Public will assume we all make the wage.

Trash Panda

If the union wanted to blow up the companies narrative on drivers pay there is no shortage of on call drivers without work for weeks/months to interview.

Union and company did certain drivers a solid by letting them follow the sleeper work. Downside is drivers now have to relocate but until then commute hours out of their ‘weekend’ just so the company doesn't have to pay them for empty miles to fetch loaded trailers.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Who cares about the media? They aren't earning record profits off our labor, UPS is!

Having said that, the union would be wise to neutralize negative media reaction by creating the narrative. Have minority union members, preferably with small children in hand, armed with sound bites, ready to feed the TV cameras with what we want out there.

- "We are working American's"
- "The company is making record profits."
- "I work two jobs to feed my family, meanwhile UPS is paying millions to its top managers".
- etc.

People believe what they see.
Starving children?

Superteeth2478

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Over my 30 years , I watched hundreds of ballgames in browns.
I recently asked my son about what he thought about me being at the games in uniform after work, I was always concerned he was embarrassed, but he said he was always glad I was there…..I’m glad I was able to be there for him.

Brown Down

DING DING DING! And once the stock market takes a steamy dump on UPS's chest they'll come back and buy it all up at a huge discount. Stock market manipulation if I ever saw it...
I'm pretty sure there are laws and a timeframe between dumping a stock and buying back into the same stock. With that said I also know legal and anything being done about it can be 2 seperate things.