New Video! Will the media have our back?

Over70irregs

There will be ZERO public support for a strike, especially when the public finds out that a FT seniority driver who works an hour or two of overtime per time is earning in excess of $100K for a job that requires only a HS diploma and valid driver's license. They will be asking where to sign up.
Yall better get a grip. Layoffs are festering. I promise you this day is NOT 97.
1683178596209.png

rebelsss

This job only requires a high diploma and valid driver license? That's funny, because you only need a highschool diploma to pursue a degree towards becoming a doctor or engineer.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
If the union does as they did in 1997 and makes the media believe that the union is fighting for part timers, and has some good sob stories that grab the heart strings ready to go then there is a good chance we will
Have public support. If the company responds with drivers making $100,000 a year, free benefits and the possibility of seven weeks vacation a year the support will drop like a Rock

Payup

I’m still on the 55+ hour train and come here for the collective thoughts of the drivers and have never posted, but… Thanks for banning some of these 10 year retirees sewing dissent on work issues and production standards they are ignorant to. This place is changing fast and I’m pretty sure they weren’t dealing with Blackrock Vanguard and B of A closing in on becoming our de facto bosses.

Over70irregs

If the union does as they did in 1997 and makes the media believe that the union is fighting for part timers, and has some good sob stories that grab the heart strings ready to go then there is a good chance we will
Have public support. If the company responds with drivers making $100,000 a year, free benefits and the possibility of seven weeks vacation a year the support will drop like a Rock
Just call it fake news

yadadamean116

The general attitude of the American public is that the “Haves” have been winning and always will unless something gives. Just study our two party system, both the Democrats and the Republicans have ran successfully courting the middle class and bad mouthing the 2 percenters.
The Teamsters leadership knows this and should be able to negotiate a great Contract in this one.

Bottom line is that O’Brien will not give us the voting rights till he gets what he has promised, which seriously is not much. I hate to say it but a vast majority of our members would sell out others to get their share, human nature who knows. The closer we get to that deadline expect the fear factor to come into play, we seen it ever Contract … members turning on each other.

Once the truth comes out about the inequality associated with past Concessions the media left and right will be on our side. We haven’t even scratched the surface of how the Company had been treating its employees over the decades..hourly and management. Both sides do not want that published… not in this economy were the bottom feeders are suffering..

This flaunting about the average package car driver making 93,000 and great pension and healthcare is not the norm for most of our members. So much inequality in our pay, pension and healthcare it ain’t funny. Also another factor is you do not clear 100,000 a year in your household you would be considered lower middle class now.. welcome to the new normal..Inflation is killing everybody.. the public outside of UPS is feeling it also and really do not feel it will change for the better. That Two percent inflation rate goal by the federal reserve is unattainable by the way..
2% is easily attainable. In fact the reason we print so much money is because technology is a depreciating factor.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Who cares about the media? They aren't earning record profits off our labor, UPS is!

Having said that, the union would be wise to neutralize negative media reaction by creating the narrative. Have minority union members, preferably with small children in hand, armed with sound bites, ready to feed the TV cameras with what we want out there.

- "We are working American's"
- "The company is making record profits."
- "I work two jobs to feed my family, meanwhile UPS is paying millions to its top managers".
- etc.

People believe what they see.

Thebrownblob

Who cares about the media? They aren't earning record profits off our labor, UPS is!

Having said that, the union would be wise to neutralize negative media reaction by creating the narrative. Have minority union members, preferably with small children in hand, armed with sound bites, ready to feed the TV cameras with what we want out there.

- "We are working American's"
- "The company is making record profits."
- "I work two jobs to feed my family, meanwhile UPS is paying millions to its top managers".
- etc.

People believe what they see.
I was thinking about having UPS drivers pull up in their new Ford Raptors, and get out with their Louis Vuitton jumpsuits on and do interviews? Bad idea?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I was thinking about having UPS drivers pull up in their new Ford Raptors, and get out with their Louis Vuitton jumpsuits on and do interviews? Bad idea?
Yep. Teamsters are regular working folk. The man up that hill in Atlanta looking down on us regular folk are the fat cats, money they earned off our backs, pushing us to the extreme during the covid crisis.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Yep. Teamsters are regular working folk. The man up that hill in Atlanta looking down on us regular folk are the fat cats, money they earned off our backs, pushing us to the extreme during the covid crisis.

Just saw an article about UPS inside shareholders starting to sell their shares, not buying.

One executive board member just sold 10 million…and for the life of me I do not even understand their job assignments …Vice President this, Executive Vice President that.

Fact is they are not worth their collective salaries, really what do they do all day?

…and if they do a miserable job there is that “golden parachute” agreement when they took that position, ( non disclosure agreements are basically bribes by the way) … why use them if they didn’t have some kind of dirt on the Company…

Thebrownblob

Just saw an article about UPS inside shareholders starting to sell their shares, not buying.

One executive board member just sold 10 million…and for the life of me I do not even understand their job assignments …Vice President this, Executive Vice President that.

Fact is they are not worth their collective salaries, really what do they do all day?

…and if they do a miserable job there is that “golden parachute” agreement when they took that position, ( non disclosure agreements are basically bribes by the way) … why use them if they didn’t have some kind of dirt on the Company…