New vote no page ADMIN

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Now I am ever more disappointed.

Not sure if this was the case, but if it was, wouldn't that be an additional bargaining chip for the Teamsters?

We aren't talking about a company teetering on the brink of insolvency like Hostess or YRC, this is UPS, a company at the top of their game.
Like you said 1 out of 10 packages, you tend to listen.
I don't think UPS would be willing to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

If Amazon was truly putting the pinch on UPS to get us under contract, that put us in a position of strength, not a position to impose concessions.

What you call common sense, I call weakness and inefficient bargaining.

By The Book

I'm wondering what some of the next contract proposals will be in the locals that the contract was imposed on. Will the members of these locals have any voice in their concerns now? I would think that if you punch in at a gaurdshack that you are on the clock. This might be something that can get put on a bill in the state to be voted on by the people so it's a state law. If you want to have your proposals heard in the upcoming contracts you need to really push hard for that. I did get the impression from the onset that the IBT had its mind made up that this was a great contract and we urge you to vote "yes". The vote was close in the master last contract maybe it wouldn't have been a majority if more people would have cast a ballot, we will never know.

Instigator

I'm wondering what some of the next contract proposals will be in the locals that the contract was imposed on. Will the members of these locals have any voice in their concerns now? I would think that if you punch in at a gaurdshack that you are on the clock. This might be something that can get put on a bill in the state to be voted on by the people so it's a state law. If you want to have your proposals heard in the upcoming contracts you need to really push hard for that. I did get the impression from the onset that the IBT had its mind made up that this was a great contract and we urge you to vote "yes". The vote was close in the master last contract maybe it wouldn't have been a majority if more people would have cast a ballot, we will never know.
I'm sure our committee will continue to reach agreement on the proposals we were negotiating when we had the contract implemented. A few of the important issues were Full Time jobs. We have about 7300 part time jobs and only 900 full time at the air hub. There are many jobs that can be made full time and we could have reached agreement until the IBT imposed the contract. Other issues were seniority, safety, overtime, discipline,etc.