new wireless sort scanners

hoser

Industrial Slob
well, we finally replaces those sweaty arm-band scanners that always crash, never work, and are impossible to program for these new wireless scanners.

the CPU is on a belt that you wear (but can get away just leaving in your trailer) which is wirelessly (bluetooth) connected to a scanner that is 1 inch long, half an inch high, 1 inch wide, fitting around two of your fingers.

there's no button on the scanners as its always scanning, but unlike other scanners where the laser is constantly scanning, it strobes on and off every second.

the CPU has a very nice GUI that's extremely easy to navigate. you can do exception scans and track packages on it. has never crashed in the we weeks, as it seems to be a Mac OS.

anyone else have these in their centre? we just got them, and although they're a hell of a lot better than the old scanners, I hate getting scanned in the eye every hour by co-workers, and i'm really annoyed that the scanners give you a invalid barcode beep when you aim the scanner at the wrong barcode, causing you to lose pace and wait a second for the laser to turn back on.

Miss Victoria

Yeah, we just got them here too. Don't let the scanner get too far away from the belt or else it starts crying for its mother. A bit of a pain but it at least lets you know if you duplicate or hit the wrong bar code. Someone dropped the laser so there's no band on it but seems to be a huge improvement over the old system.:wink:

CTOTH

Not retired, just tired
Wait until the flow gets real heavy and the figgin' thing just drops it's connection 2 or 3 times. You'll love it then. Or when the cpu unit works it's way around front of the belt and tags you in the dill bag whilst trying to walk fast.
I love UPS!

EAM_Master

Part-Time'er for Life!
We got those a couple of years ago. It is a pain when the scanner "Disconnects" and beeps like crazy. Still a HUGE improvement over the old scanners. I wish we would have had those when I was a loader! We had these huge things that hung down by your balls off a belt and connected to a scan gun by a thing that looked like a phone cord. You had to scan the barcode, then put the gun down and load the package...PITA!!!!

hoser

Industrial Slob
i just leave mine in the trailer, and walking 20 ft down each side of the belt i never get disconnects. going into different trailers is hit and miss. resetting them is a breeze, however. i just wish it was one button instead of hitting the updown button to cntrl and then selecting the barcode function

LKLND3380

well, we finally replaces those sweaty arm-band scanners that always crash, never work, and are impossible to program for these new wireless scanners.

the CPU is on a belt that you wear (but can get away just leaving in your trailer) which is wirelessly (bluetooth) connected to a scanner that is 1 inch long, half an inch high, 1 inch wide, fitting around two of your fingers.

there's no button on the scanners as its always scanning, but unlike other scanners where the laser is constantly scanning, it strobes on and off every second.

the CPU has a very nice GUI that's extremely easy to navigate. you can do exception scans and track packages on it. has never crashed in the we weeks, as it seems to be a Mac OS.

anyone else have these in their centre? we just got them, and although they're a hell of a lot better than the old scanners, I hate getting scanned in the eye every hour by co-workers, and i'm really annoyed that the scanners give you a invalid barcode beep when you aim the scanner at the wrong barcode, causing you to lose pace and wait a second for the laser to turn back on.

Sounds like what we have in our bldg for the last couple years... They are used mostly for left in Bldg package here.

One woman who does reruns/missed work at the end of the belt (just got) what I believe is the I-SPA that will print out a PAL from the unit.

L

loader3289n

We have those scanners in Orlando. Ours run on Windows. They really suck when the scanner battery dies when you're backed up to hell. Running back to the supervisors desk to switch batteries...always fun.

hoser

Industrial Slob
Sounds like what we have in our bldg for the last couple years... They are used mostly for left in Bldg package here.

One woman who does reruns/missed work at the end of the belt (just got) what I believe is the I-SPA that will print out a PAL from the unit.
interesting. to us, these are so groundbreaking and revolutionary, but really, we're 2 years behind. kind of like how we do our hub (25 000 pieces in 12 hours) and centre for a city of 1.2 million out of a 15 000 square facility with one belt.

they say a new facility is in order in 2 years :w00t:

LKLND3380

interesting. to us, these are so groundbreaking and revolutionary, but really, we're 2 years behind. kind of like how we do our hub (25 000 pieces in 12 hours) and centre for a city of 1.2 million out of a 15 000 square facility with one belt.

they say a new facility is in order in 2 years :w00t:

Seems like our center is the one to try things on...

As I understand the SPA stations are set up in the unload at every other facillity... NOT US...

It goes:
Trailer/unloader - to Sort aisle
Sorter to belt
Belt to Spa person
Spa person to belt to package car loader...

hoser

Industrial Slob
Seems like our center is the one to try things on...

As I understand the SPA stations are set up in the unload at every other facillity... NOT US...

It goes:
Trailer/unloader - to Sort aisle
Sorter to belt
Belt to Spa person
Spa person to belt to package car loader...
I'm in a hub sort, not pre-load.
for us, it goes:
Unload (3 trailers at a time, 3000pph)
Belt (just one)
Trailer (no coloured belts, no chutes).

So you can imagine how well our sort and cleanup goes every night :mad:

blue efficacy

For us, the Night Sort SPA process is as follows:
Unloader
Primary sorter -> Red Secondary belt
SPA
Red Secondary slide
Sorted to belt, depending on destination boxline, 1-4
Boxline slide -> Boxline
Package car loader.
For the Preload operation, the primary sort aisle is bypassed.