New scanners destroying preload productivity

ManInBrown

Lol. Misloads have been a major problem at our center. It's the hot thing right now, because our center manager makes us deliver EVERYTHING. So they tell us last week we are getting this new system that is going to almost eliminate all misloads next month. Apparently we weren't slated to get it till next year. It's being pushed up.

Now hearing this it sounds like it's worthless. Does it work? Who cares if it slows things down. Their idea. You get paid by the hour.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Lol. Misloads have been a major problem at our center. It's the hot thing right now, because our center manager makes us deliver EVERYTHING. So they tell us last week we are getting this new system that is going to almost eliminate all misloads next month. Apparently we weren't slated to get it till next year. It's being pushed up.

Now hearing this it sounds like it's worthless. Does it work? Who cares if it slows things down. Their idea. You get paid by the hour.
I'm all for less misloads. I'm not for leaving the building at 10 because of more failed technology.

PT Car Washer

How does scanning a package and throwing it into a package car eliminate misloads? It doesn't. 40 years ago when I loaded package cars we read from the bottom up. ZIP, state, city, address, business name, never had misloads. And drivers started at 8:00 AM.

specter208

How does scanning a package and throwing it into a package car eliminate misloads? It doesn't. 40 years ago when I loaded package cars we read from the bottom up. ZIP, state, city, address, business name, never had misloads. And drivers started at 8:00 AM.
Scanner has an LCD screen that communicates with sensors installed inside the trucks. Scanner beeps when you scan and then walk into the wrong truck or scan packages for one truck and then scan packages for different truck without having released the previous packages.