Votes: 3 75.0%
  • No--the NFL was wrong.

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • I have no opinion.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The NFL fined a number of players for their actions during games this past weekend. Most of the fines were for aggressive hits or offensive gestures but there was one fine in particular that has caused a stir. Pittsburgh Steelers star Troy Polamalu was pulled out of the game this past weekend due to a hard hit as he has a history of concussions. He decided to call his wife to let her know that he was OK. The NFL, which bans the use of electronic devices by players during games, fined him $10K for the phone call.

I support the NFL on this one. A rule is a rule. I understand his reasoning for making the call--he wanted to ease his wife's concern; however, Troy could have asked that one of the coaches in the booth make the call for him.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I disagree. Cut the check, Tony. His wife was probably out of her mind with worry. He wanted her to hear his voice to know he was ok. Hearing it from a coach just isn't the same. I guess its the girl in me. I wouldn't want to hear from anyone other than my husband.

klein

Für Meno :)
What does he get paid for the average game ?
$200K - $500.000 or more ?

Why shouldn't he be deducted for taking a 10 min unpaid break ?

That time out in the sidelines is worth millions at times (coaching game tactics, etc) and can win the game.

UpstateNYUPSer, MayB he got hit so Hard that he 4got about the rule.LOL (The Steelers are my Big sons team & my little guy likes the Cowboys. I'm taking him 2 the Bucs VS Cowboys game next weekend he has no Idea that he Is going. Can't wait 2 show him his surprise

texan

UpstateNYUPSer, MayB he got hit so Hard that he 4got about the rule.LOL (The Steelers are my Big sons team & my little guy likes the Cowboys. I'm taking him 2 the Bucs VS Cowboys game next weekend he has no Idea that he Is going. Can't wait 2 show him his surprise

My childhood memories that I will always remember. My dad taking me to Pro Football games. Oustanding sir!!!