Nike Memo?

MAKAVELI

The government wasn't forcing people to buy insurance back then or see their premiums skyrocket. Big difference.
Premiums skyrocket because the system is privatized and everyone's got their hand in the cookie jar. Has Medicare premiums skyrocketed? Hmm......

vantexan

Let me ask again. Have Medicare premiums skyrocketed?
Medicare is subsidized by our taxes. Obamacare was putting the onus on people to pay for other people through higher premiums with the ultimate goal of destroying healthcare insurance and making the government the single payer. And hurting a lot of people in the process. Apples and oranges.

MAKAVELI

Medicare is subsidized by our taxes. Obamacare was putting the onus on people to pay for other people through higher premiums with the ultimate goal of destroying healthcare insurance and making the government the single payer. And hurting a lot of people in the process. Apples and oranges.
Medicare takes the middle man out of the equation. That's why premiums haven't skyrocketed. Ttku...

MAKAVELI

Private and employer provided healthcare is subsidized by the group with the addition of making a profit. It's all other people's money, no matter what you call it.

bacha29

They do. Praise Jesus.
And how are those services supported and paid for? Most countries do have some basic healthcare services but in terms of their sophistication many developing nations systems lag . Might be pretty good by now at treating gun shot wounds and head trauma from terrorists bomb blasts but who in the end picks up the tab when there's no insurance and no money?

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
And this thread is about the Nike Memo? Who’da thunk it?
46C87498-0D66-4297-8371-24A0B5229BB9.png

Hope Dano doesn’t mind me using his picture here.

vantexan

They skyrocketed because insurers are in business to make a profit where Medicare is not. It's not rocket science Van.
They skyrocketed because insurers had to cover costs and still make a profit or go out of business. As they skyrocketed less people could afford it so eventually many insurers dropped out of healthcare insurance. That was the intent all along, to give government total control over healthcare, be the single payer.

vantexan

And how are those services supported and paid for? Most countries do have some basic healthcare services but in terms of their sophistication many developing nations systems lag . Might be pretty good by now at treating gun shot wounds and head trauma from terrorists bomb blasts but who in the end picks up the tab when there's no insurance and no money?
It just costs less because people have less money. We're overpriced in the U.S. but we pay what the market will bear.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Suck up to big pharma and big insurers all you want but they ain't going to worry about what happens to you if you don't have the money to pay the tab

Neither will the government, but big pharma and big insurance can't put a gun to my head and force me to pay them, either.

59 Dano

One of the drivers behind the ACA was the fact that 86% of of personal bankruptcies were due to medical bills.

And the result of the ACA was that insurance premiums still kept rising and those "affordable" policies were basic policies that didn't cover the kind of stuff that would bankrupt a person. So, win?

59 Dano

They skyrocketed because insurers are in business to make a profit where Medicare is not.

Medicare, not being a profit-seeking enterprise, has no reason to operate efficiently in any sense of the word. And --big surprise-- it doesn't!