Nike Memo?

Oldfart

My buddy in Memphis said Nike is the biggest account going at their station right now. I doubt very much they would jeopardize that much volumn over a social agenda.

CJinx

I find it highly unlikely that anyone in corporate would issue such a memo. The Kaepernick/Nike story has the initial outrage/support and a few weeks of life at best. There is no reason to alienate segments of the public and malign the Fedex brand by banning a clothing label from the workplace. The company declined to take a side while activist David Hogg began targeting companies like Fedex with ties to the National Rifle Association; why would the company do anything now?

fatboy33

Define "better systems."
Well Poverty for one. In order of lowest Poverty rate: 1.Denmark, 2. Finland 3. Norway 4. Sweden..........USA 34 out of 36 countries ranked. When Bezos is making 220 million dollars a day, your system isn't working.

Last edited:

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Modern day denizens don't have the wherewithal to succeed in a free enterprise system, because they would have to own their results, be it success or failure. With no one to blame but themselves, the risk is simply too high. Much better to cower behind government handouts, and complain about the oppressive system that's keeping them down. They are complicit in their own impotence.

Oldfart

Modern day denizens don't have the wherewithal to succeed in a free enterprise system, because they would have to own their results, be it success or failure. With no one to blame but themselves, the risk is simply too high. Much better to cower behind government handouts, and complain about the oppressive system that's keeping them down. They are complicit in their own impotence.
Spot on.

Why work when you can get government assistance?

Make the people that have a job provide you with the internet, a cell phone, satellite TV and an EBT card because you deserve to have all of the luxuries that working people have but are too lazy to work for them.

It will be fine

Spot on.

Make the people that have a job provide you with the internet, a cell phone, satellite TV and an EBT card because you deserve to have all of the luxuries that working people have but are too lazy to work for them.
You should never have worked if you believe that’s how the system works.

fatboy33

Spot on.

Why pay a fair wage, Walmart, Uber and Amazon, when their employees qualify for government assistance? Let a Lazy person sit at home and get free stuff or let billionaires get free stuff by way of their employees having to take food stamps etc. Either way YOU pay.

floridays

Why pay a fair wage, Walmart, Uber and Amazon, when their employees qualify for government assistance? Let a Lazy person sit at home and get free stuff or let billionaires get free stuff by way of their employees having to take food stamps etc. Either way YOU pay.
I understand your argument, but mutual fund and 401-k investors aren't billionaires. Believe me I understand the argument however.

Oldfart

Those employees that work those jobs should work more to make more. If they work 35 or 40 hours a week, get a part time job to be self sufficient. Most of us work over 40 and we make more than those workers. When I was part time I always worked a second job to have more. Any person who works 40 hours at a low paying job should either improve his skills to qualify for a better paying job or get out there and work 15 or 20 hours a week at a 2nd job to improve his quality of life instead of expecting the rest of us to do it for them.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Those employees that work those jobs should work more to make more. If they work 35 or 40 hours a week, get a part time job to be self sufficient. Most of us work over 40 and we make more than those workers. When I was part time I always worked a second job to have more. Any person who works 40 hours at a low paying job should either improve his skills to qualify for a better paying job or get out there and work 15 or 20 hours a week at a 2nd job to improve his quality of life instead of expecting the rest of us to do it for them.
OK, we'll tell them YOU SAID SO.

Trumresize.jpg

fatboy33

I think you're right. Those employees should walkout and not come back to work until Walmart,and other like companies, stop cheating the American tax payer by not allowing employees work past the hours needed to qualify for full time benefits. I'm tired of billion dollar companies getting welfare from the American tax payers.