NLRB petition card distribution/collection begins

Delivered

Card campaign kickoff in West Carrollton, Ohio (Dayton) We need 30% toget this to a vote and our center already has that thanks to all who participated, we also anticipate having about 90% of our people sign cards, Part-timers took a great welcome to this their response was almost overwhelming!!!!!!!

GLAD TO HEAR IT IS GOING WELL !!!

Overpaid Union Thug

I was getting a little skeptical about the APWA when I noticed they were trying to represent UPS Freight as well as UPS because it just didn't seem logical to to kick the dirty Teamsters to the curb to make room for another group that is also going to make us share our hard earned pension with another company. After thinking it over some more I've come to the conclusion that it in the worst case scenario it can't be any worse than sticking with the the IBT. I'm anxious to see if anyone from the APWA shows up in my area.

18wheelbrownie

:mad:
It appears you need to learn to read the articles you post. As posted earlier Allied is being taken over by its creditors and is in bankruptcy.

Does anyone find it ironic that this supposed card collecting event started a month before target release date for the new contract(if it does happen)? Is the APWA afraid the teamsters may come out with an even better contract that would thwart their pathetic efforts?

the apwa is not afraid , but the employees of ups do not need another greatest contract of the century again from hoffa and more cuts the following year!!!!!!!!!:mad:

start signing everyone , go apwa

sawdusttv

Don225,

That is GREAT!!!!!! What state are you from? I hear that the card signing is going great all over.

GO APWA GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
ZZZZZZZZZZZZ.......The so-called "members" of the APWA have in FACT;

1). Never held office in their Local.

2). Any of which, have been a part of a negotiating process.

3). Claim No experience.

4). Fully admit they live in "Right to work" states and don't pay dues.... but expect to benefit from those that do.

5). Fully admit they could care less about ANY other Teamster.....

6). Fully admit they have retained an "Anti-Union, Anti-Labor, attorney" to represent Them....

Fine example of true leadership....

The APWA can be summed up in these terms;

"Big handfull of give me"......

"And a mouthfull of much obliged".....

So the APWA is still hanging around browncafe......

Funny.... they don't post over at T-Net anymore.

This is the only place their pipe dream exists.

-Bug-

30andout

ZZZZZZZZZZZZ.......The so-called "members" of the APWA have in FACT;

1). Never held office in their Local.

2). Any of which, have been a part of a negotiating process.

3). Claim No experience.

4). Fully admit they live in "Right to work" states and don't pay dues.... but expect to benefit from those that do.

5). Fully admit they could care less about ANY other Teamster.....

6). Fully admit they have retained an "Anti-Union, Anti-Labor, attorney" to represent Them....

Fine example of true leadership....

The APWA can be summed up in these terms;

"Big handfull of give me"......

"And a mouthfull of much obliged".....

So the APWA is still hanging around browncafe......

Funny.... they don't post over at T-Net anymore.

This is the only place their pipe dream exists.

-Bug-
Bug, if I remember right, you don't even work for UPS. Are you worried you may loose your cash cow?????

Overpaid Union Thug

Are they comming through Tennessee? I'd like to see the response here if they did. Whenever the IBT sends their thugs to our center they are ignored for the most part. I've seen quite a few drivers respectfully decline to shake their hands. And a few not so respectfull. No one has heard of the APWA here but I can't imagine them getting a worse welcome than the IBT reps do when they come down.

3brownstars

Are they comming through Tennessee? I'd like to see the response here if they did. Whenever the IBT sends their thugs to our center they are ignored for the most part. I've seen quite a few drivers respectfully decline to shake their hands. And a few not so respectfull. No one has heard of the APWA here but I can't imagine them getting a worse welcome than the IBT reps do when they come down.

Send me a PM. I guarantee we have someone close to your area.

brett636

Don225,

That is GREAT!!!!!! What state are you from? I hear that the card signing is going great all over.

GO APWA GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats funny, the last time the APWA had a victory to announce they said they successfully thwarted a teamster effort in Indianapolis to unionize UPSF. Although later that was found out to be false as the teamsters are negotiating a contract for UPSF as we speak. What is also interesting about that is Indianapolis is home to two large UPS facilities both of which never saw a single representative of the APWA.

I'll believe it when I see it, just remember that even though they only need 30% of UPS teamsters to agree to hold an election, they need 71,400 UPSers to sign their cards. Thats a monumental task for an organization that supposedly doesn't have enough money to file its own tax return.

30andout

Sorry to pop your bubble brett, but one of our feeders eats lunch with a feeder out of Indy and the card signing is going great.

brett636

Sorry to pop your bubble brett, but one of our feeders eats lunch with a feeder out of Indy and the card signing is going great.

And my friend's brother's wife's best friend knows Mike Eskew himself.:rolleyes:

Being that I run into different feeders on occasion and have friends in feeders I highly suspect that your claim is false. I would have heard something outside of this webforum by now. Not to mention I am fulltime too so wouldn't I be a target of this farce? Atleast if I am ever asked to sign a card I know enough to tell them exactly where to put it. :thumbup1:

nospinzone

Thats funny, the last time the APWA had a victory to announce they said they successfully thwarted a teamster effort in Indianapolis to unionize UPSF. Although later that was found out to be false as the teamsters are negotiating a contract for UPSF as we speak.
My my my, dont we assume to know all. If I remember correctly, and I checked out my initial post on this, APWA supporters did successfully thwart an initial IBT attempt with an injunction after a large block of voters who had previously signed IBT cards reversed their decision. And Brett, when I further review that initial post, I see that at least 30% of those Indy people were supporting the APWA and there was actually a >50% majority for the APWA at one time till some physical persuasion convinced some of those guys to reconsider. Given that 30% support I kinda wonder if that is a done deal in Indy....Hmmmmm, I wonder......I think I'll wait till the ink is dry:cool:

brett636 said:
I'll believe it when I see it, just remember that even though they only need 30% of UPS teamsters to agree to hold an election, they need 71,400 UPSers to sign their cards. Thats a monumental task for an organization that supposedly doesn't have enough money to file its own tax return.
Time will tell. I'm sure this large task lying before us seems unsurmountable to you. I hope the magnitude of the task brings you comfort, as the potential that lies in achieving that goal drives the rest of us.

wildgoose

WILDGOOSE
It appears you need to learn to read the articles you post. As posted earlier Allied is being taken over by its creditors and is in bankruptcy.

Does anyone find it ironic that this supposed card collecting event started a month before target release date for the new contract(if it does happen)? Is the APWA afraid the teamsters may come out with an even better contract that would thwart their pathetic efforts?
The last two best contracts ? Heh !

brett636

My my my, dont we assume to know all. If I remember correctly, and I checked out my initial post on this, APWA supporters did successfully thwart an initial IBT attempt with an injunction after a large block of voters who had previously signed IBT cards reversed their decision. And Brett, when I further review that initial post, I see that at least 30% of those Indy people were supporting the APWA and there was actually a >50% majority for the APWA at one time till some physical persuasion convinced some of those guys to reconsider. Given that 30% support I kinda wonder if that is a done deal in Indy....Hmmmmm, I wonder......I think I'll wait till the ink is dry:cool:

Time will tell. I'm sure this large task lying before us seems unsurmountable to you. I hope the magnitude of the task brings you comfort, as the potential that lies in achieving that goal drives the rest of us.

The fact remains that they did not thwart anything and has not stopped the teamsters when it comes to unionizing UPSF. Its only convienant for you to say that they reversed their decisions after the fact. Not to mention they did not make a visit to either UPS hub which is also interesting because that is what I thought the APWA was all about. This just does not add up for me, not to mention all the other inconsistancies with the APWA mantra.

30andout

And my friend's brother's wife's best friend knows Mike Eskew himself.:rolleyes:

Being that I run into different feeders on occasion and have friends in feeders I highly suspect that your claim is false. I would have heard something outside of this webforum by now. Not to mention I am fulltime too so wouldn't I be a target of this farce? Atleast if I am ever asked to sign a card I know enough to tell them exactly where to put it. :thumbup1:
I guess brett is the only one on this board that knows anything. Maybe some day he will clear the snot off his nose and realize he doesn't. Every one has their oponion, but don't call me a LIAR.