No Call, no show (preload)

texan

Share if you would, why?
Why did you do this?
I hope I do not sound short or sharp, but one would want to know this before
offering possible sound advice.

I am sorry. I am able to edit this.
I am 22 year US Army, Umpteen years UPS now.
I do not how to ask why any easier in this point of my life.
As a 50 plus year old that has been at work when I was supposed to be there
for over the last 40 years.

Last edited:

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
First time, write up. Second time, suspension. Third time termination.

At least that's how it works here

Only if it's 3 days in a row, in the Atlantic Area. 3 no-call, no-shows in a row is interpreted as an employee voluntarily quitting.

We have people with dozens of no-calls throughout the year. It's one of the few things I won't defend someone on as a steward (barring extraordinary circumstances)

texan

Share if you would, why?
Why did you do this?
I hope I do not sound short or sharp, but one would want to know this before
offering possible sound advice.

I am sorry. I am able to edit this.
I am 22 year US Army, Umpteen years UPS now.
I do not how to ask why any easier in this point of my life.
As a 50 plus year old that has been at work when I was supposed to be there
for over the last 40 years.

Sigh am I becoming a crusty old man?
rookGarner.png

UPSGUY72

Missed work but didn't call in; (preload) what's going to happen when I got in tomorrow?

Are you seasonal or a permanent pt employee. They probably are not going to do anything its peak. If your a seasonal employee don't plan on working past Dec 24. If your a permanent pt employee everything will depend on if you have been in trouble before or not.

Staydryitsraining

If the preload fired every employee for their first no call no show, they would be hurting more than they are right now. If that is possible. It is a minimum wage PT job with no benefits and upper management does not care. Just dump the problem on PT sups and entry level FT management.
Yea i know but at the same time McDonalds always has enough people so I think well be fine.

meritocracy

It's a lot better than a minimum wage job with no benefits but the wage should be higher. Pretty crazy that part-timers only make like $14/hr in some parts of the country. In-N-Out pays more than that.