No double time over 60

14 mon
14 tues
Day off Wednesday
14 thurs
14 fri
14 sat
thats 70 and.not a dot violation under the 60/7 workweek

That's 67.5 hours, and the discussion isn't the semantics of the 34-hour reset. But if you need a gold star for creativity...
AgitatedEdibleIberianmole-max-1mb.gif

DOK

Locals don't like that they are forcing over 60 hours but not lifting the 70. They believe any hours over 60 for a driver should be double time.
How are they forcing over 60 but not enacting the 70? Am I confused? You can’t work over 60 unless the 70 is enacted?

542thruNthru

How are they forcing over 60 but not enacting the 70? Am I confused? You can’t work over 60 unless the 70 is enacted?

Its a common misunderstanding. People think of the 60 hour rule as work hours. Its driving ours. So members can work over 60 as long as they are not driving.

So the company will work you till 60 as a driver and then turn you into a helper. Either on Friday night or Saturday.

DOK

Its a common misunderstanding. People think of the 60 hour rule as work hours. Its driving ours. So members can work over 60 as long as they are not driving.

So the company will work you till 60 as a driver and then turn you into a helper. Either on Friday night or Saturday.
Oh wow, that’s just wrong, and borderline pushing the dot law I would think.

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
Its time for the union to stand up. I work to live not live to work.6 days a week up to 70 hours in these hot ass package cars is flat out ridiculous. Our health and safety is not being taken into consideration whatsoever. Besides article 3 could we file on unsafe working conditions? Probably not but its a thought. I'm tired of hearing every morning how far the company is behind in packages. Not my problem you have run it bare bones and understaffed for so long. Not to.mention the lack of trucks because the mechanics are jokes anymore.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member

I take advantage of this every peak. :)

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!

It's not borderline pushing the DOT Law.

The DOT Law simply states that you cannot drive after being on duty for 60 hours in a 7 day period. That's all it says.

DriverNerd

The DOT laws are there simply to make sure drivers are not driving while overly tired. They just don't want someone falling asleep in a semi who is driving 16 hours a day, every day. The amount of hours you work total is irrelevant to them.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck

What about article 26.5 where it says

“No regular package car driver red circled under Article 22.4(b) will be forced to work on a day off and exceed sixty (60) hours unless he has a full eight (8) hours of duty available.”

Work 52.01 and your good?

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
What about article 26.5 where it says

“No regular package car driver red circled under Article 22.4(b) will be forced to work on a day off and exceed sixty (60) hours unless he has a full eight (8) hours of duty available.”

Work 52.01 and your good?
Not like I really give a crap anymore. I’ll be calling out on Saturdays for the next 12 years or so.