No double time over 60

542thruNthru

What about article 26.5 where it says

“No regular package car driver red circled under Article 22.4(b) will be forced to work on a day off and exceed sixty (60) hours unless he has a full eight (8) hours of duty available.”

Work 52.01 and your good?

Honestly I do not know. Its the "red circled under Article 22.4(b)" that confuses me.

That would mean T-S RPCDs I would think. Though my BA can't even answer that.

The texts are being sent out. UPS is demanding that all PTers be at the facility at 10pm Sun. night. The Union is doing nothing but getting walked on. A scheduled 11 hour shift and the PTers will get two 10 minute breaks.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
But why the 22.4(b) wording. Why not just RPCD?
I don’t know. You hear red circled a lot, but what exactly is it?

But what exactly is Red Circling?

Red Circling is more common with newly unionized groups, or groups that merge together, or grow in size due to an employer’s acquisition of another business.

The parties may find themselves in a position that employees within the bargaining unit have certain benefits that differ from the other employees. These benefits could be in the form of a rate of pay or that has been ‘grandfathered’ for long term employees. When this occurs these individuals are ‘Red Circled’ so they are in fact protected.

This was taken from here
The Red Circle: Why It Matters in Collective Bargaining – © 2019 – General Teamsters 362

Which reading leads me to believe the language is preemptive to future anticipated language that 22.4 will grow and become the new norm. Just a possibility.

tourists24

Our center has our guys who worked over 60 hours coded at time and a half. They’ll have to pay double time eventually. Article 26.5 spells it out pretty good

oldngray

nowhere special
I don’t know. You hear red circled a lot, but what exactly is it?

But what exactly is Red Circling?

Red Circling is more common with newly unionized groups, or groups that merge together, or grow in size due to an employer’s acquisition of another business.

The parties may find themselves in a position that employees within the bargaining unit have certain benefits that differ from the other employees. These benefits could be in the form of a rate of pay or that has been ‘grandfathered’ for long term employees. When this occurs these individuals are ‘Red Circled’ so they are in fact protected.

This was taken from here
The Red Circle: Why It Matters in Collective Bargaining – © 2019 – General Teamsters 362

Which reading leads me to believe the language is preemptive to future anticipated language that 22.4 will grow and become the new norm. Just a possibility.

I was red circled when I was part time. I made the same hourly rate as drivers.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
The texts are being sent out. UPS is demanding that all PTers be at the facility at 10pm Sun. night. The Union is doing nothing but getting walked on. A scheduled 11 hour shift and the PTers will get two 10 minute breaks.
What kind of idiot lets management have their phone number?