No DR Allowed Resi - RelNum?

DOK

On a route I cover occasionally there are a few resi stops designated No DR Allowed. The other day I was directed by dispatch to attempt a DR at one of these addresses because the consignee wasn't home to sign for their package but had called in to have it released. When I got to this stop I sheeted the package and hit the Deliver softkey where I got the "No DR Allowed" screen. One of the softkeys on this screen is "RelNum." I never tried any of the softkeys on this screen before until this day and happened to see that when RelNum was pressed I was given the standard list of release options. Once one was selected I was also able to stop complete without a signature.

The reason for this post is to ask some of the more experienced drivers if this is, I guess, permissible? In this case I was asked by dispatch to do it but what's to stop this from being done at any No DR Allowed resi stop? There are a few homes on this route that require a signature and the consignees tend to get agitated that they have to sign for every delivery.
Use the release number if you're sure it's not a customer who has filed a claim in the past. After doing this a half dozen times the system will recognize the address as residential and will no longer prompt you with the "no DR allowed" prompt.

billerz

care to elaborate on these codes? never heard about any of this
After you scan and hit big arrow down, you get to the screen where you sheet the packages, to the left of the shipper number is what number the package is, for example if you've scanned 3 packages there will be 3 to the left of that package. Directly above that number is another number, generally a 1. If it's a 4, that address is a code 4, and if it's a 1, it's a code 1. It's hard to explain without having a Diad to show you.

BrownArmy

Can't speak for everyone, but my center is in the middle of a software update.

I'm a veteran cover driver in five towns, so I know most of the regular 'no DR' addresses, but after the update, the DIAD was asking questions about all sorts of addresses, residential and commercial.

It's trying to learn, I guess, but a dumb way to go about it.

We were instructed to use relnum for addresses we knew were good.

Not great for a new cover driver, no doubt.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
It's not code 4, it's called level 4 and it's when loss prevention deems an address to have had too many claims or a high value claim. That being said you can get that same no dr message if a resi address has been misclassified as business by the weenies doing this new project.

That being said if you choose to DR at an address where you get the no DR message the only way to know why you're getting the No DR message is after using relnum and stop completing you'll get that clarification popup asking about res/bus. If you don't get that popup afterwards it means it's a level 4 address.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
You are wrong also . There is the no DR screen because it needs a Sig , then there is no DR screen because the house put a claim on a high dollar amount and ups put it there

Both can be release by esig or real number

I have never seen a house get the no DR because of some shipping charges
Actually you are wrong and Hef is right. This has been happening ever since ups tried to verify every address as whether it's resi or commercial.

There is no DR screen because the system thinks it's a commercial address.

Only if it has a 4 next to it, is it a claim address.

10 point

shipper release trumps all "no DR" lists
But the diad doesn't validate that. I still have No DR pop up when the stop address is locked out. Even on shipper release pkgs.
Actually you are wrong and Hef is right. This has been happening ever since ups tried to verify every address as whether it's resi or commercial.

And it's not really getting fixed (clarified) correctly because our management "team' isn't clarifying the perimeters for what is resi and/or business if there's a business with the same exact address as the adjacent house.
The training said it defaults back to a resi but management says they don't know.
For months. So the incorrect corrections keep multiplying.
What a joke.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

But the diad doesn't validate that. I still have No DR pop up when the stop address is locked out.

And it's not really getting fixed (clarified) correctly because our management "team' isn't clarifying the perimeters for what is resi and/or business if there's a business with the same exact address as the adjacent house.
The training said it defaults back to a resi but management says they don't know.
What a joke.

A business with the same exact address as the adjacent house would be considered residential for billing purposes.

10 point

A business with the same exact address as the adjacent house would be considered residential for billing purposes.
You know that . I know that. But the coverage drivers that zip thru the diad training and still get signatures at those stops and stop complete them as "office" (nonshipper release pkgs) are the problem. So the system gets conflicting resolutions thanks to the neglect of coverage gunners and management 's inability to clarify the correct procedures to all the drivers.
We're not all on the same page and often fixing redundant issues.

Bottom rung

But the diad doesn't validate that. I still have No DR pop up when the stop address is locked out. Even on shipper release pkgs.

What a joke.
Then you must use relnum to release the shipper release pkg. Progressive discipline will begin if shipper release pkgs are not driver released. That's how it is here.

10 point

Also, this messes with the Orion system. Driving our dispatches to get to extended "businesses" that aren't.

The Orion supe that road with me said to use the rel num key if I couldn't dr a bona fide resi stop. That works for me and the consignee.

Funny how the system can realize a commercially stop completed address but still sends commercial stops to surepost.

Hmmmm.

10 point

Then you must use relnum to release the shipper release pkg. Progressive discipline will begin if shipper release pkgs are not driver released. That's how it is here.
Yes. Agreed.
But lack of clarification from management doesn't help. Heck, I've got businesses in extended areas that are the same address as the house next door but have no relationship with the homeowners and they close shop by 3 pm. The house won't take the pkgs and I have to use shipper release because it locks me out of both.
Gunners get there before me and their close time.

jaker

trolling

There is 3 reasons a no DR comes up and one of those just started this year and the others have been happening for decades

The one this year goes away after a few times, the other ones don't go away at all unless you go to your oms and have them taken off

I don't care about the one this year because it is obvious what is it because of the questions it ask after the Sig , the others ones don't ask that question

Browntown2014

You are wrong also . There is the no DR screen because it needs a Sig , then there is no DR screen because the house put a claim on a high dollar amount and ups put it there

Both can be release by esig or real number

I have never seen a house get the no DR because of some shipping charges
Yes it happens

10 point

There is 3 reasons a no DR comes up and one of those just started this year and the others have been happening for decades

The one this year goes away after a few times, the other ones don't go away at all unless you go to your oms and have them taken off

I don't care about the one this year because it is obvious what is it because of the questions it ask after the Sig , the others ones don't ask that question
Unless the question is answered differently by different drivers. When will it ever go away? May not.