No gas

The Real Jack RyanMI6

We've been filling up our own trucks for about 2 years now. Something about not enough nighttime guys. Haven't seen this yet. Gonna miss the 10 min of overtime, Putting fuel into the rig but if it results in a manager running out a fuel card Priceless!!!
Love the look on their faces at 8pm when they have to leave home, even better with the wife and kids in the car.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I always argued that was a post trip. Especially when I get in my truck next day and the swing driver didnt fill it up.

We have PM air drivers that use the pkg cars.

im guessing, either for accounting purposes, or not to show upper management that you did get gas when told not to

There used to be a "time allowance" for fueling.

And (for those buildings that have pumps) it was a way of tracking fuel usage.

Remember, recording the truck number and gallons used.... at the pumps

on a paper log ?

oldngray

nowhere special

on a paper log ?

We almost always fueled our own vehicles. There was a brief period when car wash was supposed to do it but not amazingly too often it didn't get done. I think they took away our time allowance for fueling and never gave it back.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
thats not dishonest if the business is actually closed though. the whole no closed btw 12-1 idea is stupid anyway.

You can’t even record a DFU during those hours. Even though you talk with someone don’t you dare not find that package.

opey

So.......

They cant fill up the tank after driving the truck?
plus, maybe its different in your building, but our pc's are sandwiched in and the air drivers use extra cars from outside, and use the smaller 600/700's. we dont normally use anything less than 800's for normal routes, except for the couple of guys who get screwed during peak

JL 0513

I can't believe there's areas where the drivers don't refuel their own cars. You're telling me that there's one or two guys that have to refuel a whole fleet of trucks every night? Stupidest thing I've ever heard.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Got in my truck Thursday and discovered there was no gas card and the truck was sitting on less than half a tank. Explained the situation to my supervisor. He said "we would have to make due and would figure it out." I ran my normal route until the low fuel light came on around 4:30pm with 20 stops left. I pulled into a Wawa and explained to my supervisor I would not be able to make it back. This is a rural route, mind you.

He asked if I would be willing to fill it up using my debit card and that he would give me "reimbursement forms" to fill out the next day. I politely declined and asked for further instructions. In the meantime I called my steward who informed me that I should not use my lunchtime to wait for a supervisor due to "managerial incompetence." He also stressed that I should never, ever, use my own debit card to fill up the truck.

45 minutes later my supervisor shows up, in a package car, with a gas card he magically procured. As I had still not taken lunch, I took another hour to take lunch. This made my supervisor unhappy as he wanted me to go bail out another rookie driver.

I had a nice 1 hour and 45 minute break to eat a delicious Wawa cheesesteak sub, a donut, a bag of chips and two Arizona sweet teas. I then took a nap, finished my stops and was punched out by 7:15, being just 5 minutes shy of 9.5
B9B88AD8-2296-42E0-A0AD-9AFFA8030C2D.gif
8785CAFB-8A0C-4930-9BA8-E215F1D60DFB.gif
263191C8-F909-4E50-9139-CD49AC65268C.gif
F4C6F9AC-D21D-4F2C-A692-4A212617E140.jpeg

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I can't believe there's areas where the drivers don't refuel their own cars. You're telling me that there's one or two guys that have to refuel a whole fleet of trucks every night? Stupidest thing I've ever heard.

Which do you think is cheaper a hubrat at straight time or a pkg drv at overtime

ManInBrown

Couple years ago in package during peak I had no gas, I don’t remeber the circumstances but the pumps either weren’t working, or were padlocked. center manager goes inside and hands me a gas card. Get to the gas station and the card didn’t work. I call up and he pleads with me to please use my own card and he’d have the cash waiting for me when I got back. I wasn’t happy, but was new so I did it. If I was still in package and that happened today, I’d laugh and hang up. I’d sit on breakdown all day at the gas station.

F

Frankie's Friend

"Fuel and Park". A 22-2 job in some buildings.

on a paper log ?
They still do on property here.
Fuel and Park bid employee writes it down and the AM clerk records and sends it on to bean counter heaven.