No gas

F

Frankie's Friend

We have pics of our "No fuel" friday...unless you have less than 1/2 tank of gas message.
Some joked that they werent going to deposit or cash their live checks until wed to help em out. Lol

F

Frankie's Friend

Absolutely unbelievable .but I believe you
Concerning the No fueling message...it's truth.

The check cashing offers were just jokes messing with management.

We were going to text the pt time supes that the company froze our direct deposit accounts until Wednesday and ask them if theirs was too.

opie

hNWQpZT

JL 0513

Which do you think is cheaper a hubrat at straight time or a pkg drv at overtime

Perhaps it depends on the design and situation of the building, but it takes a lot less time for the driver to fuel up as he enters the lot than for a porter to juggle dozens of cars in and out of bays filling each one up. What a clusterf*** that must be.

The Real Jack RyanMI6

I can't believe there's areas where the drivers don't refuel their own cars. You're telling me that there's one or two guys that have to refuel a whole fleet of trucks every night? Stupidest thing I've ever heard.
When I was on night crew we used to fuel and park over 28 cars an hour never had a problem with it can't understand what is up with these new guys can even park 28 an hour let alone fuel and park. But I'm not asking management, I enjoy the extra ot even if it's only 10 min a day every penny I can get towards retirement I can save

Ghost in the Darkness

We got the message here too.
Our job is deliver packages. Its amazing the company management is there to make that simple objective as difficult as possible. Really need to get some psych evaluations for the idiots making these decisions.
I tell customers about specific examples of the nonsense we deal with... its so foolish they think I'm making it up sometimes.

JL 0513

As for parking trucks at night, about 2/3rds of drivers park their PC in their spot in the center. The other 3rd park in a rotational basis in 1 of 3 spots where the unloader doesn't have to move much at the beginning of the night. It's the porter's job to rotate these out as they're unloaded.

Poop Head

Judge me.
Perhaps it depends on the design and situation of the building, but it takes a lot less time for the driver to fuel up as he enters the lot than for a porter to juggle dozens of cars in and out of bays filling each one up. What a clusterf*** that must be.
The new initiative is that they call the wrecker, load up the PC, drive it over to the pumps, unload it, fuel it, load it back on, drive it to the parking spot, unload it, and finally put the truck in nuetral and push it into place.
No driver ot and saves fuel

JL 0513

The new initiative is that they call the wrecker, load up the PC, drive it over to the pumps, unload it, fuel it, load it back on, drive it to the parking spot, unload it, and finally put the truck in nuetral and push it into place.
No driver ot and saves fuel

Makes sense. Similar algorithm as Orion.

PeakMode

Arrive Peak Leave
N
Got in my truck Thursday and discovered there was no gas card and the truck was sitting on less than half a tank. Explained the situation to my supervisor. He said "we would have to make due and would figure it out." I ran my normal route until the low fuel light came on around 4:30pm with 20 stops left. I pulled into a Wawa and explained to my supervisor I would not be able to make it back. This is a rural route, mind you.

He asked if I would be willing to fill it up using my debit card and that he would give me "reimbursement forms" to fill out the next day. I politely declined and asked for further instructions. In the meantime I called my steward who informed me that I should not use my lunchtime to wait for a supervisor due to "managerial incompetence." He also stressed that I should never, ever, use my own debit card to fill up the truck.

45 minutes later my supervisor shows up, in a package car, with a gas card he magically procured. As I had still not taken lunch, I took another hour to take lunch. This made my supervisor unhappy as he wanted me to go bail out another rookie driver.

I had a nice 1 hour and 45 minute break to eat a delicious Wawa cheesesteak sub, a donut, a bag of chips and two Arizona sweet teas. I then took a nap, finished my stops and was punched out by 7:15, being just 5 minutes shy of 9.5

Took a driver I know 3 weeks to get his money back from using his personal card to fill a PC.

Heavy Package

They was hoping the drivers would use their own money to fuel up....

Concerning the No fueling message...it's truth.

Work as directed. Send in a message with your concern then run out of gas and pull over and wait. The absurdity in this is amazing. Can you imagine this issue reaching the CEO or board of directors? One of the largest and most profitable transportation companies in the world telling their last mile delivery drivers they can't get fuel?

Brownee

Accountants. Fuel is inventory and it is easier to measure it in the gas pump tank than the running to each PC and recording the amount in each tank? Big company like UPS, I'm sure it adds up.

Frankly, I would do the opposite and direct for all PC to be 100% filled before punching out for the end of the year. Does not require running to each PC, reading the fuel level and calculating # of gallons. Just know your fleet's overall capacity.

On a side note, gas has weight and it is wasteful to carry more than needed with a "reserve". Just like airlines. Of course, that has to be countered by any additional wait time at the pumps if everyone is refueling on a too frequent of an interval. Our pumps allow only 20 gallons per "pump" to send a message to the drivers to not "over-fill" their tanks.