No Health insurance after a year, benefits date was April 30th-nothing happened

MilanFC

My husband got hired April 30th 2014, the date "April 30th 2015" was listed everywhere as his date for benefits to start after a year and this is what he had been told by everyone that this is when our family will get health insurance. When he called he was simply told he wasn't in the system. He has made over 2 dozen phone calls, the union is aware, the plant managers are aware yet nothing is happening, all he has been told is , "there is a problem with your benefits," but has not been told that anything is going to be done about it. We currently have Obamacare so our costs are $280 a month for our health insurance as opposed to last year when it was $1400/month but still we were very much counting on this benefit, it is pretty much the main reason he works there. Now because we listed April 30th 2015 as the date our employer would provide health insurance with Obamacare I received a letter from them asking if the employer no longer offers health insurance. If I say UPS offers health insurance we will lose our Obamacare insurance even though we can't get it from UPS for whatever reason, if we state honestly for us at least that UPS does not provide health insurance after a year I would think this would put UPS tax status at risk.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
He has made over 2 dozen phone calls, the union is aware, the plant managers are aware yet nothing is happening, all he has been told is , "there is a problem with your benefits," but has not been told that anything is going to be done about it.

Your husband needs to get it on paper, by filing a grievance.

-Bug-

trickpony1

KellyD-
When it gets to the point that the company and the union are doing little, or nothing, to resolve the issue file with the NLRB and/or the Dept. of Labor.

It appears you have made a good faith effort to resolve the issue and the other parties are doing nothing.

Welcome to UPS.

clean hairy

If Drivers have Teamcare, it would seem a call direct to them might help, perhaps they could assist with getting the coverage started?
This can't be the first time they have dealt with this.

trickpony1

KellyD-
If you live close to your local union hall you might just show up one morning and talk to the lady behind the glass.

I have found them to be quite helpful on the phone as well as in person.

trickpony1

clean hairy-
As I suggested, she needs to visit/call the local union hall for whatever local her husband belongs to.

The people in Chicago couldn't care less about her or her husband.

Eye to eye contact usually enhances the outcome of a conversation.

trickpony1

The best advice given was to go to the union hall in person and not leave until this is resolved.

....and when KellyD gets in her car to leave after resolving this, she needs to write down the day's date, time, who she talked to, what was said and the conclusions of the people she talked to.

Like I said, welcome to UPS.

trickpony1

It shouldn't be this difficult.

You're right......it shouldn't be but sometimes people in authority make things difficult just because they can. I think they enjoy the "rush".

Unless and until KellyD and her husband show that they will come through the door (without bothering to open it) to address people and issue, the powers that be will continue to "toy" with them.....hence this issue.

ManInBrown

Terrible. Hopefully you get it resolved soon. We had a casual driver hired back on after peak and seniority apparently was backdated. No one could give him an answer on when Benny's would kick in. center manager and Stewart both had no answers.

Indecisi0n

My husband got hired April 30th 2014, the date "April 30th 2015" was listed everywhere as his date for benefits to start after a year and this is what he had been told by everyone that this is when our family will get health insurance. When he called he was simply told he wasn't in the system. He has made over 2 dozen phone calls, the union is aware, the plant managers are aware yet nothing is happening, all he has been told is , "there is a problem with your benefits," but has not been told that anything is going to be done about it. We currently have Obamacare so our costs are $280 a month for our health insurance as opposed to last year when it was $1400/month but still we were very much counting on this benefit, it is pretty much the main reason he works there. Now because we listed April 30th 2015 as the date our employer would provide health insurance with Obamacare I received a letter from them asking if the employer no longer offers health insurance. If I say UPS offers health insurance we will lose our Obamacare insurance even though we can't get it from UPS for whatever reason, if we state honestly for us at least that UPS does not provide health insurance after a year I would think this would put UPS tax status at risk.
So Obama care works !!