No insurance till 55 when you retire

CharleyHustle

Apparently, the above link refers to the way it is NOW. What the above might be referring too, is the change in the new proposal. Another of the changes we are not being told about (unless you ask), Is you will NOT be eligible for medical insurance under pier 80, unless you are older than a certain age. This question was asked and answered my our Secretary Tres. He did indeed confirm there is an age limit. I don't recall the age being 55. I thought if was 52 or 53, but not I'm not sure. I am sure there is no longer the Pier 80 early retirement with benifits like it use to be! We are ALL in for some surprises when this thing passes. Central States, that includes you!

I would doubt that the Central States Retiree Health Fund would change the requirements for covered participants just for a UPS contract. The way I see it is that if you are in a UPS plan now, you must wait till 55 to be covered. With the new contract most everyone will now be in the Central States C6 plan, which if you meet the other requirements you can be covered even if you retire before age 50.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

That is fantastic coverage.
I've never heard of this in UPS or outside UPS for that matter. Everyone I know over 64 complains about their cost going up under Medicare and they have to purchase supplemental coverage.
Is this a UPS plan or a Teamster plan?

It sounds like a Teamster plan and I agree with you that it is fantastic coverage.

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
That is fantastic coverage.
I've never heard of this in UPS or outside UPS for that matter. Everyone I know over 64 complains about their cost going up under Medicare and they have to purchase supplemental coverage.
Is this a UPS plan or a Teamster plan?

It's the UPS plan. We've been on the UPS Health & Welfare Package for 35 years. When I came in it was serviced by Cigna, then we had a choice of BC/BC, Aetna, Signa, and two others I forget (one was a straight 80/20 reimbursement plan), then it moved to Aetna for all. PT/FT & Retirees had the exact same coverage (Retirees paid $50/mo) until the last Contract when PT moved to a separate UPS plan for Part Timers which cost slightly more ($10 copays vs. $5 for example) than what FT have. Highest out-of-pocket costs under our plans is $35 for a hospital/emergency room visit. Having a baby? $35. Open heart surgery? $35.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
It's the UPS plan. We've been on the UPS Health & Welfare Package for 35 years. When I came in it was serviced by Cigna, then we had a choice of BC/BC, Aetna, Signa, and two others I forget (one was a straight 80/20 reimbursement plan), then it moved to Aetna for all. PT/FT & Retirees had the exact same coverage (Retirees paid $50/mo) until the last Contract when PT moved to a separate UPS plan for Part Timers which cost slightly more ($10 copays vs. $5 for example) than what FT have. Highest out-of-pocket costs under our plans is $35 for a hospital/emergency room visit. Having a baby? $35. Open heart surgery? $35.

This thread is about retirees ...

Open heart surgery - makes sense.
Having a baby - WTF?

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
This thread is about retirees ...

Open heart surgery - makes sense.
Having a baby - WTF?

Well my last g/friend was 28 and my current one is not much older (she still gets carded). The best cure for ED is YG. Things are just better out West. I'm pretty good about not knocking them up though.