No mention of 25 and out Pension Pay in the teleconference

1whofan

Every P/t time and friend/t pension got a bump with the exception of 25 and out at any age and 25 and out at age 57. And there were no bump to the above in the 2013-2018 contract.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Yes it does I'll use myself as an example I've got 31 years in 26 friend/t and 5 P/t I am in my early 50s if I were to retire at the end of the year I would get around $2400, $2000 for reaching 25 years plus an extra for 1 year of friend/t and my P/t years. But if I go another 4 years, 30 friend/t and my 5 P/t it goes to a little over $4,000. That disparity should alarm anyone with few friend/t years.
Why does the disparity between 25 and 30 year pensions bother you? Do you feel they should be the same?

Ms.PacMan

Yes it does I'll use myself as an example I've got 31 years in 26 friend/t and 5 P/t I am in my early 50s if I were to retire at the end of the year I would get around $2400, $2000 for reaching 25 years plus an extra for 1 year of friend/t and my P/t years. But if I go another 4 years, 30 friend/t and my 5 P/t it goes to a little over $4,000. That disparity should alarm anyone with few friend/t years.

I think you'll get more than that. I said before that I didn't know why you get more if your combined (pt+ft) company seniority gives you 30 but I think I do know why. Once you hit your 30 years they (Central States/IBT/UPS) figure your pension using X/30 times years of service equals pension amount.

So 26 full time years would be 26/30 x years of service = $.
So if we do the math 26/30 (30 pays $3400) $3400÷30 makes every year worth $113.33 per year times 26 years of service or 26/30 = $2,946.67 plus your pt pension amount which I believe is $50/ yr minus 6% for every year under the age of 62.
*they will also figure up the amount using the new contributory pension formula and give you whichever is greater.

The $2k and $2500 only apply to people with less than 30 yrs company seniority.

DR7

I think you'll get more than that. I said before that I didn't know why you get more if your combined (pt+ft) company seniority gives you 30 but I think I do know why. Once you hit your 30 years they (Central States/IBT/UPS) figure your pension using X/30 times years of service equals pension amount.

So 26 full time years would be 26/30 x years of service = $.
So if we do the math 26/30 (30 pays $3400) $3400÷30 makes every year worth $113.33 per year times 26 years of service or 26/30 = $2,946.67 plus your pt pension amount which I believe is $50/ yr minus 6% for every year under the age of 62.
*they will also figure up the amount using the new contributory pension formula and give you whichever is greater.

The $2k and $2500 only apply to people with less than 30 yrs company seniority.
Ok. I have 4 years and 8 months of part time? I started driving in August and my company seniority date it January 3. Are all those years wasted because it is less than 5?

6% reduction per year is 60% of part time when I get to 30 total years. I’ll be 52. Not much left there. Is the part time pension reduced 6%x5 if I work 30 full time years and retire when I am 57?

Ms.PacMan

Ok. I have 4 years and 8 months of part time? I started driving in August and my company seniority date it January 3. Are all those years wasted because it is less than 5?

6% reduction per year is 60% of part time when I get to 30 total years. I’ll be 52. Not much left there. Is the part time pension reduced 6%x5 if I work 30 full time years and retire when I am 57?

Yes, the pt pension amounts are greatly reduced if you retire before 62.

I thought you vested immediately in the pt pension? I literally went from peak to pt to ft driver in April (hiring bonanza like now in the 90's) so I might as well have been an off the street hire. My knowledge of the pt pension is limited because it doesn't really apply to me.

saintrick

You get credit for the PT years.
There is no 6% reduction once you have 25 years of combined service credit.

Ms.PacMan

DR7 - you are so young that your pension will be the contributory amount (1801 hrs equals a full year) times whatever each yr was worth. It will be much higher and pays out more than the stinky old service pension.

Time for change

You get credit for the PT years.
There is no 6% reduction once you have 25 years of combined service credit.
Hmm the way I understand it in our region is part time and full time are two entirely different pensions and you need 5 part time to be vested. Certainly could be different in other regions.

saintrick

Hmm the way I understand it in our region is part time and full time are two entirely different pensions and you need 5 part time to be vested. Certainly could be different in other regions.

I am referring to the UPS pension plan (covers most part timers) and the UPS /IBT plan that replaced Central States.

Most other plans should also have a reciprocal agreement that gives some type of credit for PT years.

1whofan

Why does the disparity between 25 and 30 year pensions bother you? Do you feel they should be the same?
Because how long can a friend/t last doing 200 stops a day, this is not an office job we bust are ass and in the 2013-2018 there were no pension raises for 25 and out, so IF this contract passes, 10 years without any raises....

Raw

Raw Member
But having drivers due peak volume throughout the year is okay, lets burn the drivers out to get new blood in, if this contract passes there will be a $1800 dollar difference between 25 and 30 and only $400 between 30 and 35. UPS is making record profits which due to e commerce will only continue to grow. This is not an office job those of you that waited for an friend/t position and got it in your late 20's or early 30's should have to bust your ass for 30 years!!!
Not until 2020!

1whofan

OK, but were there any raises on the 2013-2018 contract or the upcoming 2018-2023 contract, including Jan. 2020 for 25 and out at any age or 25 and out at age 57.

T dog

If the company can afford to give a part timer who works half the hours a full timer does a raise for their 25 year pension then I'm sure it can scrape up enough from their record profits each year to add to the 25 year full time pension