No more commit times??

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This is from ups.com:

Commitment times for UPS Next Day Air Saver® and UPS 2nd Day Air A.M.® services scheduled for delivery on or after March 30, 2020 will be extended to end-of-day until further notice.

GenericUsername

Oh look, only one thing for my Orion solution to screw up now - pickups. The rest of the day should run smoothly in RDO finally!

... I bet I still go to the 8000 section for my first stop tomorrow.

barnyard

KTM rider
My guess is that the change in commit has more to do with time in transit. The story on the front page speaks to the Fed using Worldport to stage covid19 supplies. I wonder if UPS is planning for an eventuality where they cannot carry some savers because of covid19 supplies.

Rack em

Made the Podium
There was NDA but everything else was turned off. Not sure about other areas.
We still had commit times here.

Even if they turn commit times off we as drivers need to do the right thing when it comes to some packages. The NDA shoes can definitely wait until end of day, but if you see critical care NDA medicine then get that stuff delivered asap! Those people actually need that stuff early so we need to give the impression that we care even if the company doesn't. And if anyone in management says a single :censored2:ing word to you bury them in harassment grievances because the company makes us take the diad training that says we should be delivering critical care FIRST.