No paper towels??

dodptsup

Our center has been out of paper towels for almost 2 months, and on friday, we were down to one pack(not case), of paper. A feeder driver said a lot of centers are out of supplies, and they arent going to buy anything they dont have to til after the end of the quarter. Apparently this is to help ensure that the company hits its earning mark to satisfy the stock holders. Just wondered if any other facilities were experiencing this. Personally, I just go up and wipe my hands on the business managers chair. I feel revolt in the air, if we run out of toilet paper, but on the bright side, just think of what I'd get to wipe on his chair then

mpeedy

We had the paper towels removed 4 months ago. They replaced them with $20 air blowers. The air doesn't even get hot enough to dry your hands.

AznDiablo

we have paper towels at our hub. There's 1 restroom that I know that doesn't but that restroom also doesn't have any stalls so...

S

speeddemon

Wow, we are out of paper towels too. I wonder if Mike's office has paper towels in it?

gray squirrel

Our center is refusing to order uniforms. One driver said he would not report to work, if they didn't order him a new jacket. I think management is being forced to cut corners, and the drivers and part timers are the ones who have to suffer. Nothing new. Great company going in the crapper, with no paper.

trickpony1

Tell that driver to report to work.
Suggest to the driver that he not bother washing his jacket until they get him a new one.
At some point, the jacket will stink so bad that someone will notice it. Perhaps then he will get a new jacket.

Pip

We've got a good stock pile of paper towels, and toilet paper. No shortages of anything here......Well,..... almost nothing, could use more heat, starting to get chilly at night.

Far as some of ya not getting uniforms and jackets....I might be mistaken, but isn't it in the national master contract that uniforms and jackets be supplied? Think there might be grounds for grievence.

raceanoncr

We always know when a plane has to be painted, We run outta towels and other supplies. Overhead lights? Out for weeks til the plane gets painted. You know what it costs to paint a plane? In talking to pseudo-mechanics in Louisville (by their own admission, cuz all they are allowed to do is kick the tires and check the oil, the heavy work is out-sourced), it costs about $120,000 to re-brand a small plane. Why? It has to be stripped, etched, primed and painted, no decals. So, if yer outta towels or TP, just be thankful that a nice, clean, newly painted plane is flying within full view of thousands of consumers...IF THEY HAPPEN TO BE VIEWING FROM 35,000 FEET!!!!!

Keepingthemhonest

Bring'n sexy back
Our center is refusing to order uniforms. One driver said he would not report to work, if they didn't order him a new jacket. I think management is being forced to cut corners, and the drivers and part timers are the ones who have to suffer. Nothing new. Great company going in the crapper, with no paper.

no uniforms here until the end of the quarter

SmithBarney

I just ordered 3 pants, a jacket, a hood, a belt, a elmer fudd hat, a wooly cap..
no problem here... we must be extra productive... then again our ctr management team has nothing to do with ordering uniforms..

Paper towels? never see the bathrooms often at our place, but if your in need
go visit your mechanic.. he'll get you a nice stack of those blue industrial ones.

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
Hey! Not Only Paper Towels How About Hand Soap? How Many Times Have I Come Into The Breakroom/restroom And All The Dispeners Are Empty For Days. They Must Figure Once All Cars Are Out The Need For Supplies Must Be Minimized. Some Desk Jockey Must Have Suggested That.

dodptsup

Hey! Not Only Paper Towels How About Hand Soap? How Many Times Have I Come Into The Breakroom/restroom And All The Dispeners Are Empty For Days. They Must Figure Once All Cars Are Out The Need For Supplies Must Be Minimized. Some Desk Jockey Must Have Suggested That.

We have gone for weeks without soap before, many times. Another of the latest things is having the thermostats turned down and locked at 50 degrees. This is in a cold winter climate facility, with absolutely no insulation. You can usually see your breath in the building, if the outside temp is below 35. Everywhere except the managers office, where it is like a sauna.

SpeedBoat

Retired Feeder Driver
We had this problem 2 years ago.And I told my district manager the county health department might view this as unsanitary.Within 2 days we had our supplies.

browniehound

I think the cost of paper towels and toilet paper is minuscule and negligible to the cost of heat and electricity it takes to power a UPS hub or center. So, therefore I have to disagree that UPS is pinching pennnies in this area.:sad: