No socks for me.

Indecisi0n

So i told you guys i had ordered socks a month ago through twinhill. I finally get an email stating that they are on their way. I give it a day or two and check status to see this :

Stafford, TX, United States 06/16/2011 10:34 P.M. Departure Scan

06/18/201 7:00 A.M. Adverse weather conditions.

Lenexa, KS, United States 06/18/2011 8:00 A.M. Train derailment.

Train derailment ! Are you joking ?! lol

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Don't get too excited. They look good out of the box but I fear thet will fade to a light brown after a couple washings. Already noticed fading on the bottom after one day of wearing.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Don't get too excited. They look good out of the box but I fear thet will fade to a light brown after a couple washings. Already noticed fading on the bottom after one day of wearing.

And the glue-on logo will start peeling off after a week or so. The new socks are cheap Chinese crap. I have the old ones with the logo sewn into the thread, and even a couple ragged pairs of the original "gold-stripers" from the mid 90's. They held together way better than the new ones that I have. Best bet when they wear out is to cut the botttoms off and wear white cotton socks underneath them instead of wasting your money on new ones. As long as the part that is visible above your boot is OK then it doesnt matter what they look like underneath. Why should you be forced to pay full price on shipping for a poor-quality item that some 9 yr old Chinese kid sewed together for slave wages?

Last edited:

packageguy

So i told you guys i had ordered socks a month ago through twinhill. I finally get an email stating that they are on their way. I give it a day or two and check status to see this :

Stafford, TX, United States 06/16/2011 10:34 P.M. Departure Scan

06/18/201 7:00 A.M. Adverse weather conditions.

Lenexa, KS, United States 06/18/2011 8:00 A.M. Train derailment.

Train derailment ! Are you joking ?! lol

Do yourself a favor, if you have old UPS socks, cut the bottoms off, and just keep the tube. Put ankle socks on, the tube with the ups logo. nobody will know the difference. Plus white cotton better than that cheap brown b*ll:censored2: socks thay want you buy to buy year after year.

soberups

I buy new socks every year. $25 for 6 pair. Write it off on my taxes.

Does that include the shipping? I hate that we cant have the socks delivered for free to our center in the UPS "house mail".

Shipping costs aside, I wouldnt hesitate to pay $5 or $6 per pair, or even more, if they were of decent quality and made in the USA like they used to be. But they arent, and I get pissed at the fact that there is only one supplier for the socks that basically has a monopoly on the business and we are pretty much forced to buy their cheap imported crap at ridiculous prices. I dont mind spending money ( I just dropped $200+ on Danner boots), but I hate wasting it. Until we are given additional choices that involve a quality American-made product, I will continue cutting the bottoms off of my worn-out ones with the old logo and wearing them over plain white cotton socks.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Does that include the shipping? I hate that we cant have the socks delivered for free to our center in the UPS "house mail".

Shipping costs aside, I wouldnt hesitate to pay $5 or $6 per pair, or even more, if they were of decent quality and made in the USA like they used to be. But they arent, and I get pissed at the fact that there is only one supplier for the socks that basically has a monopoly on the business and we are pretty much forced to buy their cheap imported crap at ridiculous prices. I dont mind spending money ( I just dropped $200+ on Danner boots), but I hate wasting it. Until we are given additional choices that involve a quality American-made product, I will continue cutting the bottoms off of my worn-out ones with the old logo and wearing them over plain white cotton socks.

Shipping is not free--I think the total was $28 and some change.

Good buy on the boots--make sure to save the receipt for tax time.

soberups

Shipping is not free--I think the total was $28 and some change.

Good buy on the boots--make sure to save the receipt for tax time.

That works out to around $4.50 per pair for Chinese-made socks that the logo falls off of in a few weeks. No thanks.

And unless the tax laws have changed, my understanding is that work boots cannot be written off unless they are steel-toed.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

That works out to around $4.50 per pair for Chinese-made socks that the logo falls off of in a few weeks. No thanks.

And unless the tax laws have changed, my understanding is that work boots cannot be written off unless they are steel-toed.

Any unreimbursed work expense can be written off.

ymelord

Write them off, steel, no steel, also socks, sweatshirts, t-shirts, gloves, anything you have to buy that has to be a certain color or type for UPS.

Re-Raise

And the glue-on logo will start peeling off after a week or so. The new socks are cheap Chinese crap. I have the old ones with the logo sewn into the thread, and even a couple ragged pairs of the original "gold-stripers" from the mid 90's. They held together way better than the new ones that I have. Best bet when they wear out is to cut the botttoms off and wear white cotton socks underneath them instead of wasting your money on new ones. As long as the part that is visible above your boot is OK then it doesnt matter what they look like underneath. Why should you be forced to pay full price on shipping for a poor-quality item that some 9 yr old Chinese kid sewed together for slave wages?

I just bought 6 pair from Twinhill about a month ago. So far I think they are a big improvement over the socks I had. The new socks have the logo sewn on.

The biggest problems I had with my old socks were the glued on logo falling off and the elastic getting stretched out around the ankle. So far I am kind of impressed with the new ones.

They say they are made of 85% cotton, 10 % nylon and 5% spandex.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS

I write off my work shoes every time. Non steel toes.