No Talking Policy.

Nah
I'm not risking my job. That's why I asked the steward first. He should be the one fighting this, right?
You're not risking your job. Lmfao

They should, but most stewards are weak and passive cux who only look out for themselves. Talk to your BA, don't waste your time with the steward.

BobJ

They can’t stop you from talking. Think about.
I would beg them to write me up.

People are still talking, he can't be everywhere.

But he sees it, he interrupts and tells people to get back to work, or tell them that they're moving too slow, Or he'll make you do something else in a different area so you can't continue the conversation.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.

But he sees it, he interrupts and tells people to get back to work, or that they're moving too slow, Or he'll make you do something else in a different area so you can't continue the conversation.
So basically he made up his own rule. Won’t stand.

Nah
Just got a new Manager.
He's instituted a no talking while working policy.

Is this Enforceable?

Steward doesn't care enough to question it. Most people just stare at their phone and don't talk anyway...
If you're not allowed to talk while working, doesn't that mean you're not allowed to respond to DIAD messages?

Nah

But he sees it, he interrupts and tells people to get back to work, or tell them that they're moving too slow, Or he'll make you do something else in a different area so you can't continue the conversation.
See? He won't even write them up!

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Why do UPS managers always get in over their heads when they're new? Never fails. The female ones are the worst.
I had one female, she actually was a cover driver with me before she got “promoted” to supe then manager. That’s when she failed. Dumb as a box of rocks. She ended up quitting.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Just got a new Manager.
He's instituted a no talking while working policy.

Is this Enforceable?

Steward doesn't care enough to question it. Most people just stare at their phone and don't talk anyway...
Technically, you probably shouldn't even be talking about this no talking policy. 🤔

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
I would guess that people may standing around BSing throughout the day instead of doing what they are supposed to, whatever that is. There's nothing wrong with talking, especially if it's to yourself, but I bet there is a problem at that Center and it has to do with bad habits and things seemingly out of control.