No way is this true

JL 0513

Off the top of my head I can think of 12 separate places to stop and use a restroom on my resi route that are within 1 mile of it. This doesn't include the restrooms along the golf courses either. Unless you're out in the country there's really no reason for anyone to ever HAVE to use a bottle.

That sounds like an area with a lot of restaurants/stores with bathrooms. Many areas are far away from a single public restroom. I'm a cover driver and do many different routes with scarce amounts of restrooms. Many towns don't even allow fastfood restaurants to be built. There's routes I do that to go to a restroom 3 times a day would add about an hour of breaking off trace, adding 50% more miles to the day.

Overpaid Union Thug

I love it. Pull over tight to the woods on the right of the shoulder on the highway on my route. Whip it out on the bottom step and let nature handle the rest
It’s risky nowadays. More kids are home during school hours due to the Rona and many are bored and actually playing/wondering in the woods. I don’t want some poor little kid’s livid parents trying to get me fired and taking me to court for accidentally exposing myself to their little princess.

Last edited:

GenericUsername

That sounds like an area with a lot of restaurants/stores with bathrooms. Many areas are far away from a single public restroom. I'm a cover driver and do many different routes with scarce amounts of restrooms. Many towns don't even allow fastfood restaurants to be built. There's routes I do that to go to a restroom 3 times a day would add about an hour of breaking off trace, adding 50% more miles to the day.
I'll have had my route for almost 2 years now come this peak. I covered before (obviously) and of the 15+ routes I knew never once did I have to pee in a bottle. There's a gas station somewhere, restaurant, doctor's office, or something. No excuses to piss in a bottle in the back of the truck unless you're in an emergency situation.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
It’s risky nowadays. More kids are home during school hours nowadays due to the Rona and many are bored and actually playing/wondering in the woods. I don’t want some poor little kid’s livid parents trying to get me fired and taking me to court for exposing myself to their little princess.
Agree. I have a stretches of nothing but 2 lane highway and woods on either side for about 10 miles. Just some scattered driveways and side roads here and there. I love it. Nice to not feel like I’m being watched all the time. My customers out there are either super rich and private or WEIRD AS HELL

Overpaid Union Thug

I'll have had my route for almost 2 years now come this peak. I covered before (obviously) and of the 15+ routes I knew never once did I have to pee in a bottle. There's a gas station somewhere, restaurant, doctor's office, or something. No excuses to piss in a bottle in the back of the truck unless you're in an emergency situation.
Not on some of our rural routes. On mine the nearest (once I’m well into the route) serviceable restroom is often anywhere from 10-20 minutes away. And that’s only while they’re still open. Factor in my age (mid forties) and that I do my best to stay hydrated no matter how hot or cold it is and what you end up with is someone that will be breaking off to piss enough to drive myself insane.

I am, however, well aware of my state and federal rights concerning restroom breaks and haven’t hesitated to take advantage of them in the past. But not every single time I have to pee. Those of us on such rural routes like to use those laws as leverage for when some wild eyed on-car or manager starts questioning any of us about being over-allowed. The response is usually something like “Damn. Imagine if I’d broke off for the nearest restroom every time my old ass had to pee.”

On routes closer to more restrooms I break off most of the time.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
what’s so wrong with peeing a nice clean bottle?...you can go take a dump at sheetz with pee all over it, I’ll use the 100% sterile rain bag in the privacy of my own truck.
🧔✊

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
ExTfVqzVgAEjZf2.jpeg
ExTfXPTU8AAGqhX.jpeg

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
There are some endless suburbs where there are neither enough woods nor any gas stations for miles. By the time it hits you there isn’t enough time to break off.

Cowboy Mac

It was a bigger issue last spring/summer when ‘covid’ was ramping up. Many stores/smaller stations had bathrooms locked for employees only, restaurants were closed or drive through only.
That was the worst thing. In the 110 degree heat, not being able to eat inside a restaurant to cool down. The only time we were able to go in the ac was to deliver to businesses and we couldn’t even get fresh air because you had to put on a muzzle. Never forget, so next time we can adamantly say NO when the politicians want to shut down the economy.

Cowboy Mac

Agree. I have a stretches of nothing but 2 lane highway and woods on either side for about 10 miles. Just some scattered driveways and side roads here and there. I love it. Nice to not feel like I’m being watched all the time. My customers out there are either super rich and private or WEIRD AS HELL
There is one crazy red neck guy on my route that always answers the door with a gun tucked in his pants. Refuses to sign for anything sig. required because he doesn’t want the government to have his signature. I always say “No problem brother”. Refused didn’t want.