Non-bonus center ops changed?

Mr.Golden

What you have been consistent on is your work ethic, and how your maybe better than others and others aren't pulling their weight. In the end you will get plenty of work either way. You know how your work ethic is, and if your a man of your word it won't change if your center votes out the bonus.

This is true...we all had different work ethics. We have a guy at my center that always be 1.5hr to 1hr under and get to go home by 5 or 6. We also have a guy that goes by the book and do everything thoroughly and always done at 8 pm. The difference is the one who get off by 5 or 6 usually have close to 200 stops on a regular day the other will will have no more than 90 stops. So to answer your question VA will there be an increase the 5 -10 yrs at a non bonus center the answer is your work ethic.

You will never get positive feedback about the company here. Every problem is due to runner/gunners ,thats if there are any left because seems they all get walked out and fired for followups,crashes and lying about something. The most prolific posters here are big bad union tough guys that tell their bosses how things are gonna be, they want the union to run the company. I see zero benefit to voting out bonus.
I'm realizing this. I do find it funny that no one seems to know the full truth on why the union hates bonus so much! Bottom line is that they make zero $ on it. They only get paid for drivers actual hrs worked. So all the bonus hrs they get nothing. Sounds kind of friend'd up. I thought the union wasn't a business. They will say safety all day long but is that the truth. I know if my brothers stole from me I'd kick their as.......

DOK

I am surprised bonus has lasted this long. When the company cut all the goodies in 2009, they somehow kept bonus. Maybe that's why they have tightened time standards to near impossible. Can't cut bonus so they cut time.

I figured bonus would've gone also, but it still probably costs the company less money to pay bonus than add a few new ft drivers per center. And in our center the time standards are far from impossible.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I'm realizing this. I do find it funny that no one seems to know the full truth on why the union hates bonus so much! Bottom line is that they make zero $ on it. They only get paid for drivers actual hrs worked. So all the bonus hrs they get nothing. Sounds kind of friend'd up. I thought the union wasn't a business. They will say safety all day long but is that the truth. I know if my brothers stole from me I'd kick their as.......

You answered your own question within your post. The Union receives H&W contributions based on hours worked, up to 8 hours per day, so if a driver only works 7 hours, but is paid by the company for that 8th hour (bonus), the Union is only compensated for the 7 hours.

The sound of pkgs falling

Former Master Cynic
Bonus can be decent for an individual, terrible for a team and great for the company's bottom line. Personally wish i wasn't in a bonus center as it has modified the behavior of drivers to rush and only look out for themselves. I make bonus every time I punch the clock. "Bonus, you have 20 more than yesterday"

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I am surprised bonus has lasted this long. When the company cut all the goodies in 2009, they somehow kept bonus. Maybe that's why they have tightened time standards to near impossible. Can't cut bonus so they cut time.
what exact "goodies" did they cut??

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Not exactly according to Industrial Engineers inside and outside UPS.
The allowances are developed with the belief that they provide +/- 5% correct planned time allowances for 95% of the drivers 95% of the time.

So, with 20 drivers on any normal day, 19 of the planned allowances should be correct to within +/- 5%.

19 of every 20 drivers, on average, should expect that 1 day out of 20 that his/her planned day is outside of the +/- 5% parameters.

1 out of 20 drivers can expect that their planned day is outside the +/- 5% parameter.

The allowances are based on a steady work pace, using good work methods with perfect knowledge of their area. Included in that allowance is about 15% to account for unforeseen issues, tiredness, and a percent of problem packages.

Perfect knowledge of their area is knowing where every stop is, where at that location to deliver and name of consignee at business stops, etc. It also assumes the driver is aware of and plans for closed roads, washed out bridges, etc.
as far as you know are we required to make up our breaks within the allowance for the day or are they taken out from the get go..do you understand what Im saying??

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Not exactly according to Industrial Engineers inside and outside UPS.
The allowances are developed with the belief that they provide +/- 5% correct planned time allowances for 95% of the drivers 95% of the time.

So, with 20 drivers on any normal day, 19 of the planned allowances should be correct to within +/- 5%.

19 of every 20 drivers, on average, should expect that 1 day out of 20 that his/her planned day is outside of the +/- 5% parameters.

1 out of 20 drivers can expect that their planned day is outside the +/- 5% parameter.

The allowances are based on a steady work pace, using good work methods with perfect knowledge of their area. Included in that allowance is about 15% to account for unforeseen issues, tiredness, and a percent of problem packages.

Perfect knowledge of their area is knowing where every stop is, where at that location to deliver and name of consignee at business stops, etc. It also assumes the driver is aware of and plans for closed roads, washed out bridges, etc.
The problem Im having is I have a heavy industrial route with lower than average amount of stops with heavy pickups 3 hours worth..truck goes out full including isle and comes back full including isle. I have a small resi area but rarely drive over 50 miles a day. I get good help from my customers and watch the chit chat very closely but am over 1 hour or more over a day...somedays touch 800+. Is there a reason for this in your experience or have any opinions on the matter routes like mine can use?? Pm me if necessary...

Overpaid Union Thug

The problem Im having is I have a heavy industrial route with lower than average amount of stops with heavy pickups 3 hours worth..truck goes out full including isle and comes back full including isle. I have a small resi area but rarely drive over 50 miles a day. I get good help from my customers and watch the chit chat very closely but am over 1 hour or more over a day...somedays touch 800+. Is there a reason for this in your experience or have any opinions on the matter routes like mine can use?? Pm me if necessary...
We get little to no time allowance for pickups and about the same for bulk deliveries.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Well that explains why my route is :censored2:....it wasn't that long ago that these kinds of routes were bonus kings....oh well
Yeah bulk stops kill your time anymore. You lose time with each extra package you have.

Like you get 7 seconds to select 1 package. For package two you get 5 more second. Package 3 three seconds. Down to 1

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Yeah bulk stops kill your time anymore. You lose time with each extra package you have.

Like you get 7 seconds to select 1 package. For package two you get 5 more second. Package 3 three seconds. Down to 1
Well I have a couple stops with 50 each and probably 10 with 10 to 20 each day....lol so the harder you work the less time you get....Real fair