Non-bonus center ops changed?

P

pickup

You answered your own question within your post. The Union receives H&W contributions based on hours worked, up to 8 hours per day, so if a driver only works 7 hours, but is paid by the company for that 8th hour (bonus), the Union is only compensated for the 7 hours.

I am under the impression that the pension contribution is determined by the total number of hours that a driver works during the week. In other words, a guy may work 7 hours one day, and 9 hours each day for the remaining four days, coming out to 43 hours for the week, thus giving the full weekly contribution for the pension to the union.. Am I wrong?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I am under the impression that the pension contribution is determined by the total number of hours that a driver works during the week. In other words, a guy may work 7 hours one day, and 9 hours each day for the remaining four days, coming out to 43 hours for the week, thus giving the full weekly contribution for the pension to the union.. Am I wrong?

Pension contributions for that week would be 39, not 40.

P

pickup

Pension contributions for that week would be 39, not 40.

Hmm, I'm gonna have to ask the BA at the next union meeting about this. I see what you're saying and I know what I am saying. A lot of guys at my place are under the same impression that I am . Doesn't mean we're right but I'll see.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Pension contributions are daily, not weekly, and are paid on straight hours only.

I can see what you are saying as well but I am pretty sure that in the example that you gave it would be 39, not 40.

Let's say, for example, that you worked 4 10's but took a dead day on Tuesday. You may think that the 8 hours of OT would take the place of the dead day but in actuality you would only get pension contributions for the 32 hours of straight time.

We had our union meeting last Saturday and the topic of pension contributions being paid for all hours worked was discussed. Our BA basically told us that the company would never agree to contribute to our pensions for all hours worked.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Pension contributions are daily, not weekly, and are paid on straight hours only.

I can see what you are saying as well but I am pretty sure that in the example that you gave it would be 39, not 40.

Let's say, for example, that you worked 4 10's but took a dead day on Tuesday. You may think that the 8 hours of OT would take the place of the dead day but in actuality you would only get pension contributions for the 32 hours of straight time.

We had our union meeting last Saturday and the topic of pension contributions being paid for all hours worked was discussed. Our BA basically told us that the company would never agree to contribute to our pensions for all hours worked.
This varies by pension plan

P

pickup

I get what you're saying so let me ask you something that always gave cause for concern.

If a guy worked 8 hours a day for four days and took a paid sick day as the fifth day, the paystub for that week would show "hours worked": 32 hours. in a separate category, you would get paid the 9 hours at straight time for your sick day. Is the union contribution for 40 hours for that week or 32?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I get what you're saying so let me ask you something that always gave cause for concern.

If a guy worked 8 hours a day for four days and took a paid sick day as the fifth day, the paystub for that week would show "hours worked": 32 hours. in a separate category, you would get paid the 9 hours at straight time for your sick day. Is the union contribution for 40 hours for that week or 32?

You would get 40.

By The Book

You answered your own question within your post. The Union receives H&W contributions based on hours worked, up to 8 hours per day, so if a driver only works 7 hours, but is paid by the company for that 8th hour (bonus), the Union is only compensated for the 7 hours.
Didn't we talk about this before? I thought we agreed in some locals you were paid on all straight time hours up to the maximum for the year. An example would be if your maximum amount paid on was 2080 in a year you could achieve this by working more hours. If you worked 2500 hours a year you would be paid contributions on 2080 hours. If I'm reading your post correctly a guy who works 2500 hours a year and has weeks where he punches off at 7 hours several times during the year will not have contributions paid of 2080 hours? Did I understand your post?