Non-bonus center ops changed?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Helping someone is a choice if you're calling them and asking them if they need help. That doesn't fly in many places. Dispatch isn't our job.

If your center votes out bonus and you get told to go help Bob. You will go help Bob or you will be fired for job abandonment.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Helping someone is a choice if you're calling them and asking them if they need help. That doesn't fly in many places. Dispatch isn't our job.

If your center votes out bonus and you get told to go help Bob. You will go help Bob or you will be fired for job abandonment.

If I am sent out light I will send an ODS asking if anyone needs help.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
And some dads are working 80 hours a week in a middle management job and never get to see them play....too bad so sad deluder
I have NOT known any of those management people myself.
They may miss some but they can get off early at least once a week if they ask.
I got to make almost all my daughter's ball games ... but not all.

Last edited:
S

selfcancelsignal

It cracks me up when runners whine about getting "too much work." If I were in management and you ran an hour and a half early, I'd pile on the work too.
We have a guy or a few in our center like this. I tell them & tell them. It's either, "well, that's just not me." or it must go in 1 ear & out the other.

Mr.Golden

Well my story is way different. I do get to choose. I also get to say" no". You know why? I'm that guy who doesn't mind helping. I actually love helping. I call and check at least 3 times a week before sneaking back to building. Just because I bonus doesn't mean ship. I have run an all business route with nothing but office buildings and apartments. Shop steward asks me if I was running? Told him kind of stupid to.run in an elevator. Maybe just maybe it's possible I'm just better than other people. I have no problem with people working at their pace, as long as it's at a pace that doesn't involve B.S.ing. I don't get how some drivers no matter how much or how little they have constantly come in at 9.5. Just saying.......

I understand where u coming from. You only do it cause u care and not because u are some industrial athlete.

Fragile

Photog, thank you for elaborating on a lot of things I didn't understand (especially bonus).

Appreciate your contributions to this thread.

I understand where u coming from. You only do it cause u care and not because u are some industrial athlete.
If I do care, is that so hard to believe. Maybe there are people out there that help for more than just the money. I hope I'm not the only one out there that tries to give a little advice to those who need it. I've got an investment in this company like I'm sure alot of you do. What is wrong with taking care of what I see is also my company.

Here we go.....let the harassment begin!

Once the bonus is gone the members that voted it out will get nothing but hard feeling from the ones who wanted bonus. It's a win win for the company. It divides the membership. In my opinion it (bonus) should have never been allowed in the first place.

By The Book

If I do care, is that so hard to believe. Maybe there are people out there that help for more than just the money. I hope I'm not the only one out there that tries to give a little advice to those who need it. I've got an investment in this company like I'm sure alot of you do. What is wrong with taking care of what I see is also my company.

In your first post you asked about stops increasing or staying the same if your bonus was voted out. Later you posted I'm a bonus driver and if I wasn't getting bonus I wouldn't go help. Then later you say there are people out there that help for more than the money. What you have been consistent on is your work ethic, and how your maybe better than others and others aren't pulling their weight. In the end you will get plenty of work either way. You know how your work ethic is, and if your a man of your word it won't change if your center votes out the bonus.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG

You will never get positive feedback about the company here. Every problem is due to runner/gunners ,thats if there are any left because seems they all get walked out and fired for followups,crashes and lying about something. The most prolific posters here are big bad union tough guys that tell their bosses how things are gonna be, they want the union to run the company. I see zero benefit to voting out bonus.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I hate the term go to help.....I personally don't give a rip.....send me help or not....it's all OUR work....people like that sicken me frankly.....he will never get it.....they have EGO's to feed......do us all a favor.....go into management and fix everything
It's obvious, from this post, the reason you don't like the term "go to help" is because you never "go to help" but are always receiving help. :wheelchai

I guess if I were in your situation, I would not like it either. LOL

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I am surprised bonus has lasted this long. When the company cut all the goodies in 2009, they somehow kept bonus. Maybe that's why they have tightened time standards to near impossible. Can't cut bonus so they cut time.

OPTION3

It's obvious, from this post, the reason you don't like the term "go to help" is because you never "go to help" but are always receiving help. :wheelchai

I guess if I were in your situation, I would not like it either. LOL
You should have stayed .....maybe you could have "fixed" this too......I've heard that from more than several sups. As for help.....I'll say it again.....send it or not....I couldn't care less.......it's only sent to cover up somebody's lack of management skills on the A.M. Side