Non-Political Gun Talk (On topic)

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I got this today to replace the first ever gun my dad bought for me. I accidentally bid and won on Gunbroker.com for $374.99. I got a sling and oiler on the way and I need to find some 30-round magazines.
F44FE3C3-E1D2-4D39-8788-02863BA2B731.jpeg

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
It’s beat up a little bit. The stock looks like it was sanded and stained, no gloss to it. I would have preferred the wood barrel cover over the metal. I’m not sure about the metal. It’s a civilian version Universal like my dad bought me at Sears for $99 when I was about twelve years old.

oldngray

nowhere special
It’s beat up a little bit. The stock looks like it was sanded and stained, no gloss to it. I would have preferred the wood barrel cover over the metal. I’m not sure about the metal. It’s a civilian version Universal like my dad bought me at Sears for $99 when I was about twelve years old.
When I was 12 my dad got me a Mossberg 500 12 gauge. I still have it (but did have to replace the wood forend). Your .30 carbine was more fun but mine was more practical. Both were great presents for 12 year olds.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I didn't get a bb gun or .22 as a first gun. My dad carried a Browning Automatic Rifle in WW2 so maybe that is why he got me a carbine. I remember going to an army surplus store and getting ammo and 30 round magazines dirt cheap. I used to shoot cans and bottles in the woods with it. It was a fun rifle.

Rack em

Made the Podium
I was bored today and ended up going to my favorite gun dealer. Ended up walking out with a new 1911 and a Stoeger shotgun. It was a good day.