Noob ready for long dark nights delivering pkgs

idrivethetruck

Slow & steady wins the race.
I've been using a Sipik SK68 flashlight for the past few years and I've recommended them to my coworkers in the past. However, the market has been flooded lately with so many clones that actually getting a high quality one that will last is a crap shoot.
So, I started checking out the flashlight forums and ordered this one based on the reviews... They are in stock and I received mine in 2 days.
It's only $10, uses only one AA battery, and easily fits in a pocket. I keep my SK68 clipped to the shelf above the windshield of my pc and it looks like this one will clip on the same way. It arrived today and I did a comparison with one of my LED Mag-lites that uses 3 "D" batteries.
The beam on the left is from the big Mag-Lite and the beam on the right is from the little Coast flashlight. (pardon my messy garage)
1112142005a.jpg
IMG_20141110_023503.jpg
IMG_20141112_090714.jpg

This little $10 Coast flashlight is every bit as good as my SK68 and a whole lot easier to carry than the big Mag-Lite and I highly recommend it for finding addresses at night. I'll be giving the one that arrived today to one of the newbie drivers in our center.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Our clerk "yells" at us if we bring her work so I do the ADC's in the DIAD.
I'm usually good for at least 10 packages for the clerks at night. Every day I get packages for my skyscrapers where the shipper just puts the person's name with no floor, business name, suite#, etc. Just the person's name and the address of the 28 floor buildings.

I really don't care if clerks don't want to work. It's their job. A couple days last week almost everything I put on the pallets for the clerks was just thrown back out for delivery with no lookup or anything. That was annoying.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
I've been using a Sipik SK68 flashlight for the past few years and I've recommended them to my coworkers in the past. However, the market has been flooded lately with so many clones that actually getting a high quality one that will last is a crap shoot.
So, I started checking out the flashlight forums and ordered this one based on the reviews... They are in stock and I received mine in 2 days.
It's only $10, uses only one AA battery, and easily fits in a pocket. I keep my SK68 clipped to the shelf above the windshield of my pc and it looks like this one will clip on the same way. It arrived today and I did a comparison with one of my LED Mag-lites that uses 3 "D" batteries.
The beam on the left is from the big Mag-Lite and the beam on the right is from the little Coast flashlight. (pardon my messy garage)View attachment 19858 View attachment 19860 View attachment 19865
This little $10 Coast flashlight is every bit as good as my SK68 and a whole lot easier to carry than the big Mag-Lite and I highly recommend it for finding addresses at night. I'll be giving the one that arrived today to one of the newbie drivers in our center.
Thanks for the review. Just ordered 1

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
I'm usually good for at least 10 packages for the clerks at night. Every day I get packages for my skyscrapers where the shipper just puts the person's name with no floor, business name, suite#, etc. Just the person's name and the address of the 28 floor buildings.

I really don't care if clerks don't want to work. It's their job. A couple days last week almost everything I put on the pallets for the clerks was just thrown back out for delivery with no lookup or anything. That was annoying.
:fishbashsmile:One day u may be a clerk. I respect those guys. They deal with a lot of bs.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
:fishbashsmile:One day u may be a clerk. I respect those guys. They deal with a lot of bs.
I was a clerk before technology. I could tell someone where every addy was, especially since so many were out of sequence. Much of that has been fixed with the increase of area with 911. Plus I was from the area. If I couldn t find it, I would call someone who I knew with the same last name and track them down, but boy did I get stories. If I get a bad pal, where the addy says one thing and the pal says another, and I cant make contact I dont leave it, I put it on the wonderful new and improved system.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
I'm not saying I don't respect them. I'm saying lately they haven't been doing their job. It's not like I'm unnecessarily pulling something off.
A lot of times they have to work as directed , and cover customer counter, several other things , plus all the pkgs that guys like you bring over 10 pkgs back, they can only do so much.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
And qvc packages I get alot with the addys ripped off. Just because it has a pal number I dont deliver it. That could have been an old one. I cannot read the date, even with a flashlight. Its not my job to guess.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
PS I loved peak, I dont get the anger, that is your job its what you do. Its more time than you ever get. Kinda like limping into a tire shop with a flat, and they only have time if you need new tires...........

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
For the record before I moved to my city route I'd usually have 0-1 per day for the clerk.
:spank:0. Bring back 0:spank: Lol. I understand the situation you have with the high rise and no apartment #s. Your a good guy. I know you wouldn't bring back a bunch of unnecessary pkgs for clerk. But a lot of people do....

Thebrownstreak

Friday i got sent out on in the blind on a new route im going to be covering from now on. I have late pickups, and got stuck doing resi's in the dark, with no mailboxes or curbs with numbers on them.. I didnt get back to building until 945pm. So today i bought a spotlight at homerdepot hoping i can shed some light on there addresses easier.. Anyone ever use a spotlight during the dark for deliverys?
I bought a flashlight called the coast hp7

Its a great flashlight…comes with a belt holster. Small, fits in your hand, can use while carrying packages, throws more than enough light. Its about $45 dollars, but its now 5 years old and still works as well as day one with me dropping it numerous times. Get it, you'll thank me later