Noob ready for long dark nights delivering pkgs

chris9834

H*** its hard enough finding address in broad daylight what are you talking about lmao in some cities in my center its city ordinance that you must have a painted curb or a house number within a certain number of feet from st I sure wish they would enforce it. Hmm maybe 1 of these vaca days i may play the old geezer that has nothing better to do but call the city about small problems give them 600 addresses and tell them I suspect some action or im calling the local news lol. Then show up at everyones doors with a paint can lmao ill probably come back with more pop knotts then a killer bee sting victim haha.
I need to find my led maglight and pull it out for service ive been riding up the st with high beams on beings my car is weight down in back to the point where low beams are hi beams and high beams are tree top beams lol and find a number and count houses, but there are no doubt those ones you come up on that are in question and a flashlight would be very useful.

oldngray

nowhere special
H*** its hard enough finding address in broad daylight what are you talking about lmao in some cities in my center its city ordinance that you must have a painted curb or a house number within a certain number of feet from st I sure wish they would enforce it. Hmm maybe 1 of these vaca days i may play the old geezer that has nothing better to do but call the city about small problems give them 600 addresses and tell them I suspect some action or im calling the local news lol. Then show up at everyones doors with a paint can lmao ill probably come back with more pop knotts then a killer bee sting victim haha.
I need to find my led maglight and pull it out for service ive been riding up the st with high beams on beings my car is weight down in back to the point where low beams are hi beams and high beams are tree top beams lol and find a number and count houses, but there are no doubt those ones you come up on that are in question and a flashlight would be very useful.

Try finding the number on that painted curb when its covered by snow and ice. Or even leaves.

chris9834

Try finding the number on that painted curb when its covered by snow and ice. Or even leaves.
But regardless those are only temporary seasonal obstructions. I cant think of a time where I ever really had to get out of my car and move debri but a couple times it is hands down convient. But again we dont have a snow prob and when we do its more bigger issues to worry about because nobody down here can drive on dry conditions let alone ice or snow lmao.

Ill look today, but pretty sure its gone.
20141111_075545.jpg

Packmule

Do you also work in a BOG?

On my rural route, IF they have a number, it might be on a tree, a fence, a rock (hidden behind a foot of grass), on the house up a mile long driveway, or the mailbox.

Sometimes you get lucky and it's on the mailbox. BUT, it might be too small to see well at night, or the numbers might be faded, peeling, or missing one or two. OR they might be on the opposite side of the box. Hence the need for a flashlight.
And if it is on the mailbox it's written in ball point pen!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I have a lot of college housing on my area and the kids are not always good about putting apartment numbers on their packages.
Quit being an enabler! If they are in college they need to learn how to address a pkg, I learned it in 2nd grade, Good Lord. (J?K, Kinda, but seriously) Send it to the clerk, Charge them for the addy correction!!