Not enough Preloaders And Management Sucks - "On Topic"

Today is Monday and of course it's the start of the :censored2:-storm. I currently work in a small center with a bunch of other preloaders. The trailer that came in was 50% full. I had one guy loading two trucks and I was loading two trucks also. The problem today was that Management decided it was a good idea to close a route after we put a truck in.

So, then I had to work around that "closed" truck for the whole preload time and I got :censored2:ed on my two trucks that I was doing. I have to say it was a :censored2:-storm today and management sucks completely. Basically.. today it was 3 on one side loading trucks and just two on one side where I got completely :censored2:ed in between loading a closed truck in the middle.

Lesson learned today: Welcome to UPS and it doesn't get any better for any preloader no matter how hard you work and how hard you try to make this company successful.

trickpony1

Why didn't you ask the supe to pull the closed truck out of the line up and move the remaining two trucks next to each other?

Tell him it will make his numbers look better and I bet he jumps through his rear shuffling trucks around.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Today is Monday and of course it's the start of the :censored2:-storm. I currently work in a small center with a bunch of other preloaders. The trailer that came in was 50% full. I had one guy loading two trucks and I was loading two trucks also. The problem today was that Management decided it was a good idea to close a route after we put a truck in.

So, then I had to work around that "closed" truck for the whole preload time and I got :censored2:ed on my two trucks that I was doing. I have to say it was a :censored2:-storm today and management sucks completely. Basically.. today it was 3 on one side loading trucks and just two on one side where I got completely :censored2:ed in between loading a closed truck in the middle.

Lesson learned today: Welcome to UPS and it doesn't get any better for any preloader no matter how hard you work and how hard you try to make this company successful.
yes

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Punch in-punch out, collect paycheck. It is what it is...

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Stack or let the pieces whiz by.
I suggest stacking anything longer than 4ft up against the cars because they will stick out of the shelf and slap yo face.
Load in exact order, like a bookshelf, on 1,2,3,8 or lay flat and cram to the ceiling into the corners of 4, 5, 6, 7. This works because early/business are on the first set of shelves and resis tend to be on the last 4.

Basically don't let the stupidity prevent you from doing good work lol

lolbr

Follow the methods exactly. Keep a consistent pace. Work safe. You'll get done when you get done. If they want you done sooner, they'll send you help.

Heavy Package

Closed truck. I had to load 2 trucks. LOL

Brought my truck back so full of pick-ups today that the back door won't open and the bulkhead door opened enough to get my lunch box out. Put the keys in the cup holder and punched out.

Thanks everyone for your feedback and suggestions. I just have to say that the stacking method works wonders. It's a good thing that I had room for that.. otherwise I would of been even more pissed. You guys are awesome just remember that! :).

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
We have had this in our center also. We have had up to 7 full time drivers start at 5 am. For pre load. Then do their route after. Ot starts at noon. Nice checks too. It will start again soon. Pt quit