Not even a week into the New Year and.....

rod

Retired 22 years
I don't understand the running the trucks all night thing. If they are plugged in and are using the right fuel there shouldn't ever be a problem with starting or fuel gelling. Maybe if its 30 or 40 below but not with just an average cold night.

I don't understand the running the trucks all night thing. If they are plugged in and are using the right fuel there shouldn't ever be a problem with starting or fuel gelling. Maybe if its 30 or 40 below but not with just an average cold night.
Dont you understand? They buy fuel,thats 10 cents a gallon cheaper. Burn off 30 bucks a night In fuel. They are ahead of the game. Pickup a penny and drop a $20 on the ground

Package cars. No place to plug them in.

VonDutch

Bite your tongue, Missy
image.jpg

Got 6 warning letters today..

HBGPreloader

I'm not sure of the weight of your typical package car. However, many states have passed "No idling" laws making it illegal for commercial diesel vehicles to idle for more than a few minutes.
Here in Pa, the law is Act 124 and it states...
"...Act 124 prohibits the owners and drivers of any diesel-powered motor vehicle with a gross weight of 10,001 pounds or more engaged in commerce from causing the engine of the vehicle to idle for more than five minutes in any continuous 60-minute period..."

We get hamburgers and hotdogs, who the hell wants to eat that crap at 9am?! There's usually a line lol. But that's all they do, once a month. And the drivers get coffee and bagels EVERY Friday. Lucky dogs

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Us too. But we get orange juice and chocolate milk.
Must be nice, we get stale donuts and green bananas with a nice little Dixie cup so that we are able to get a nice cold drink from the calcium encrusted water fountain that Walt the janitor cleans with the same brush he uses to clean the commodes.