Not Paid for Double Shift

Cowboy Mac

I just looked at my paycheck this morning and I was not paid for 4.5 hours of time that I worked on the night shift last week. I have a feeling that they have done this to me before, but I have not been vigilant about keeping track of my hours.

What are the steps that I should take from here? Am I eligible for some kind of penalty pay if I file a grievance? I know, first step is to start writing down my times.

ihatewinter

You don't have to run right to a grievance talk to your sup and they should be able to help you out. Write down the hours that you worked also and if you remember what location also.

Cowboy Mac

You don't have to run right to a grievance talk to your sup and they should be able to help you out. Write down the hours that you worked also and if you remember what location also.

I know, I just want to see what my options are in case they aren't timely about it. Ok I'll write that stuff down

brownlaso

I just looked at my paycheck this morning and I was not paid for 4.5 hours of time that I worked on the night shift last week. I have a feeling that they have done this to me before, but I have not been vigilant about keeping track of my hours.

What are the steps that I should take from here? Am I eligible for some kind of penalty pay if I file a grievance? I know, first step is to start writing down my times.

When I'm missing time, i have my days and hours written down for the week i was missing time for ready. Then i talk to a lead. If its 20/30 minutes, they can add it onto your current week on separate days and such. In your case, request a separate check or have them add it onto your next check. If you get the run around, make sure you have your dates & who you talk to down when you notify them and then i would file grievance.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
"Moose, Rocco, help the sup fix the time sheet"!
upload_2015-9-11_11-12-45.jpeg

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
"Hey FT Sup, I'm missing 4.5 hours of work from last week. I don't think my card got put in for working the night sort."

*Looks at computer*

"Okay we will have to do a payroll adjustment, you'll have your check Monday."

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

"Hey FT Sup, I'm missing 4.5 hours of work from last week. I don't think my card got put in for working the night sort."

*Looks at computer*

"Okay we will have to do a payroll adjustment, you'll have your check Monday."

Exactly; however, if the adjustment is not in your 9/18 check, put pen to paper and insist on penalty pay.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Keep track of your hours....every week!

This is a good thing about feeders. By law, the driver is responsible for keeping track of his/her hours. Even so, management--here anyway--keeps close track of our hours also. There are big fines if we go over. And so, where I'm from, there is never an issue with accurate pay.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I'd say you made the right first step by coming in here to voice your concerns. You wouldn't want to bother management or your union steward with something trivial like getting paid properly.