Notice of concern

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
Got a panicked text from a co-worker this morning who, for some reason, has taken a liking to me and asks lots of questions.

Says he saw what he called a "notice of concern" form on the supervisor's desk about a residential package he delivered two days ago but apparently the customer never got and called in to complain. He just qualified and is still trying to prove himself and is worried this will get him in trouble.

Told him it's probably nothing to get upset over but that I'd ask around BC's collective font of knowledge. I'm also partially curious because I've never heard of anything like that outside of the typical driver follow-up. I also told him he should be more worried about doing things like skipping lunch...

Anyone ever seen or heard of one of these?

LarryBird

99% of the time management doesn't even address these with the affected employees.

I believe it's just the result of someone calling in to corporate about some issue they had or something they perceive the driver did wrong. Management gets a list of these concerns daily, and then assess if something needs to be said or it needs to be escalated to a disciplinary issue.

Usually they just ignore them for the most part in my building. Sometimes after the PCM someone will ask you about the concern and that's the end of it. On the rare occasion, you will be called into the office with a steward for potential discipline, if it's something that rises to that level or that you've been warned about informally in the past.

Hope this helps your buddy.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
99% of the time management doesn't even address these with the affected employees.

I believe it's just the result of someone calling in to corporate about some issue they had or something they perceive the driver did wrong. Management gets a list of these concerns daily, and then assess if something needs to be said or it needs to be escalated to a disciplinary issue.

Usually they just ignore them for the most part in my building. Sometimes after the PCM someone will ask you about the concern and that's the end of it. On the rare occasion, you will be called into the office with a steward for potential discipline, if it's something that rises to that level or that you've been warned about informally in the past.

Hope this helps your buddy.

What would really help would be him not calling me on weekends...

Thanks for the response though. Personally I've never seen one and the poor guy swears he delivered it to the right spot. I told him the worst would be just a "hey just be mindful next time" and maybe a driver follow-up.

DriverNerd

Depends on your location and supervisor. In my center, a supervisor will ask about the issues and expect an answer from you. If it seems like the right choice was made/done, they say thanks and move on. I've heard of other hubs that don't handle things as nicely.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
Got a panicked text from a co-worker this morning who, for some reason, has taken a liking to me and asks lots of questions.

Says he saw what he called a "notice of concern" form on the supervisor's desk about a residential package he delivered two days ago but apparently the customer never got and called in to complain. He just qualified and is still trying to prove himself and is worried this will get him in trouble.

Told him it's probably nothing to get upset over but that I'd ask around BC's collective font of knowledge. I'm also partially curious because I've never heard of anything like that outside of the typical driver follow-up. I also told him he should be more worried about doing things like skipping lunch...

Yep. It’s just a driver follow up. I’ve seen the oms print them out to put on sup’s desk & it says “customer concern”. Then I’ll get the blue or yellow driver follow up sheet next morning & toss it in garbage around 4th stop of the day..

LarryBird

Depends on your location and supervisor. In my center, a supervisor will ask about the issues and expect an answer from you. If it seems like the right choice was made/done, they say thanks and move on. I've heard of other hubs that don't handle things as nicely.
That's just about the same way it works where I am. Except they don't bother to address the retarded stuff like a customer complaint about the driver yelling at their dog and things of that ilk. The only stuff they talk to drivers about is potential safety stuff like speeding or whatever, and maybe misdeliveries, but usually that's just a copy of the concern left on our seat with a note to retrieve said package a deliver to correct address.

Either way, the OPs buddy isn't in any trouble.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD

Tell your buddy to take the ipad back to the house , he is busted..

LarryBird

Tell your buddy to take the ipad back to the house , he is busted..
He already pawned it for crack money.

He needs to come up with a reasonable story and hold firm under questioning.

OP, tell your "buddy" to say little, and admit to nothing. He's gonna get the 3rd degree, but if UPS actually had anything, he'd be getting the walkout without question, so don't give them anything, and you'll, I mean he'll be fine.

KoennenTiger

Yep. It’s just a driver follow up. I’ve seen the oms print them out to put on sup’s desk & it says “customer concern”. Then I’ll get the blue or yellow driver follow up sheet next morning & toss it in garbage around 4th stop of the day..

Why throw it away that's the easiest delivery of the day. A single sheet of paper? Plus you get to type in the entire tracking number. Sit there and chat with whoever answers the door... "hey did you actually get this package?" Then just change it to a driver follow up and sheet accordingly.

No reason to throw perfectly good and easy work in the garbage.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
Why throw it away that's the easiest delivery of the day. A single sheet of paper? Plus you get to type in the entire tracking number. Sit there and chat with whoever answers the door... "hey did you actually get this package?" Then just change it to a driver follow up and sheet accordingly.

No reason to throw perfectly good and easy work in the garbage.
I do it when I know the people are lying (my route is in inner city). Plus most days I like to get done as early as possible during summertime.

Distracted driver

Distracted Driver

Yes customer concern those are around everyda . He either delivered to wrong house or wrong door or customer just decided on not paying for the package she ordered.

Zowert

Those are largely ignored here. I had a customer call in and rat me out for throwing an irreg (50lb mattress) over my shoulder and walking it up to their door instead of break out the hand truck. I know it was this particular person because they said, “oh that can’t be good for your back!” Granted they were right but let me worry about that ya j/o!

Indecisi0n

Those are largely ignored here. I had a customer call in and rat me out for throwing an irreg (50lb mattress) over my shoulder and walking it up to their door instead of break out the hand truck. I know it was this particular person because they said, “oh that can’t be good for your back!” Granted they were right but let me worry about that ya j/o!
People are so weird.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Yeah I get customer concerns once a week at least lol