Notice of discharge for accidently bringing in my phone?

snarts

Idk why theres such a big deal with phones in the hub. I came from a hub that had 3000+ employees and it was fine just had to get the employee property pass sticker. So obviously that was the OP problem. I am in a hub now that is very strict with bringing them in, if there are issues with certain employees texting or using the phone etc... during work time then address those issues with that employee and discipline them accordingly, i hate that they just try and control everything and not let employees bring in the phone to text during break or listen to music...
It is pretty ridiculous. I'm positive they do things like this on purpose to make everyone as miserable as possible to increase the turnover rate and at the same time have less unionized employees.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
It is pretty ridiculous. I'm positive they do things like this on purpose to make everyone as miserable as possible to increase the turnover rate and at the same time have less unionized employees.
You think they had a meeting somewhere, and that's what scheme they came up with to cripple union membership?
tin foil hat hot dog.gif

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
They do it because cellphones are one of the most common things being stolen from UPS. It is also a distraction when you should be working, a hinderance to your hearing when you have headphones in, and a liability when every phone has a camera and everyone has Facebook. When they first started allowing them in the building, I hated it. I was a pickoff and every time I tried to communicate to the loaders that they had a jam, or a missort fell in, or I was trying to give them a heads up to a drop they were about to get, they wouldn’t hear me because every one of them had headphones in.

Box Ox

They do it because cellphones are one of the most common things being stolen from UPS. It is also a distraction when you should be working, a hinderance to your hearing when you have headphones in, and a liability when every phone has a camera and everyone has Facebook. When they first started allowing them in the building, I hated it. I was a pickoff and every time I tried to communicate to the loaders that they had a jam, or a missort fell in, or I was trying to give them a heads up to a drop they were about to get, they wouldn’t hear me because every one of them had headphones in.

Preloaders with both ears covered or plugged are a big problem. Should never be allowed. An earbud in one ear was never a problem for me through years of monotonous early mornings on the belt.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Our phone policy is relaxed to just a sticker and I've never seen any problems with it. Never even see a phone in anybody's hand, except the sups.
But then again our hub actually pays a half-decent starting wage. crazy to think just 4 years ago people were making less than $10 per hour.

ResetSouthBelt

I was terminated before because they somehow changed a notice of suspension to a notice a discharge a month after I got the notice. I came back the following week.

Talked to my BA and he says he is waiting for them to set up a date for the meeting with labor.

They don't give it out unless you have a kid or if you're taking care of an elderly person.
Then I’d use that excuse......It’s not their business honestly

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
Gotta ban dem cassette players, right?

snarts

I'll be back at work tomorrow. The lp guy walked out of the preload office angry right before labor made their decision. Seemed like he had it out for me by the way he questioned me in the meeting, probably friends with the supervisor who told them I had a phone.

The Range

In too deep
No phone policies mean nothing. What are you doing with the phone?

" Christmas came a day early for labor unions. On December 24, 2015, the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) issued a decision that invalidated two employee handbook policies prohibiting employees from recording conversations, phone calls, images or meetings in the workplace. In Whole Foods Market, Inc. and United Food and Commercial Workers, et al., 363 NLRB No. 87, the NLRB found that requiring employees to get management’s approval before recording certain aspects of the work environment with a camera or other recording device violated the National Labor Relations Act (NLRA) because employees would reasonably interpret such rules as a prohibition on recording protected concerted activities. "

BeachBoy

Phones are almost mandatory in my center. You have to show your negative Covid status at the guard shack via an on phone app.

Wend1g0

Blue vests are freight dockworkers
At my facility blue vests mean you are in your first 30 days. The "blue is new" program as the sups called it. From what I gather its bassically the same logic a "student driver" sticker on a car has. This guy barely knows what they are doing, is trying to learn, and more experienced folks should either avoid or help em. I watched one person from my hiring group get dressed down by a couple supervisors for a really bad load (best I can figure he was just throwing stuff into the trailer or 6/7 walls came down on top of each other). My second day on the floor was Friday so we are all VERY new. He wasn't wearing his vest. I made an albeit much smaller mistake involving me trying to "help" someone else load a wall by placing a package on top of their wall. This package subsequently crushed flat 4 boxes before coming down hard. The loader inside grimaced but just said "happens to the best of us".