Notice of discharge for accidently bringing in my phone?

ResetSouthBelt

They asked if I ever brought it in before today and I told them 2 months ago I did and got a pass from the security office without any issue. They asked why I didn't tell my supervisor right away, I told them that in the 5 years and couple of times I brought in my phone I was always told to just get a pass from the office at the end of the day.
Why don’t you just get a phone sticker for it?

snarts

Smart move to try and get the first termination out of the way! The first one is always the scariest and welcome to the club
I was terminated before because they somehow changed a notice of suspension to a notice a discharge a month after I got the notice. I came back the following week.
Waiting on the update from OP
Talked to my BA and he says he is waiting for them to set up a date for the meeting with labor.
Why don’t you just get a phone sticker for it?
They don't give it out unless you have a kid or if you're taking care of an elderly person.

542thruNthru

I was terminated before because they somehow changed a notice of suspension to a notice a discharge a month after I got the notice. I came back the following week.

Talked to my BA and he says he is waiting for them to set up a date for the meeting with labor.

They don't give it out unless you have a kid or if you're taking care of an elderly person.
So now that you've talked to your BA. What was the reason given for termination? Especially when you do not have a warning letter for the same offense.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Yeah, they can’t do that. Once they discipline you they can’t go back and change the discipline. If they write you up when they meant to suspend you, then you got off easy, they can’t say “oops, we meant to suspend you so you’re suspended.”

Then say you have a kid or are taking care of your sick mother. I really don’t see how they could prove you were lying and I really don’t think they would even take the effort to verify. Here, if you’re a driver, they just give you a sticker. PT’ers have to bring a phone bill and/or a receipt for their phone. Last time I checked.

EverybodyLovesMike

No, my name isnt mike

Fight for back pay. It seems like they want to keep firing you knowing you'll gladly just accept your job back. Get that money.

snarts

Yeah, they can’t do that. Once they discipline you they can’t go back and change the discipline. If they write you up when they meant to suspend you, then you got off easy, they can’t say “oops, we meant to suspend you so you’re suspended.”

Then say you have a kid or are taking care of your sick mother. I really don’t see how they could prove you were lying and I really don’t think they would even take the effort to verify. Here, if you’re a driver, they just give you a sticker. PT’ers have to bring a phone bill and/or a receipt for their phone. Last time I checked.
You have to show some sort of proof and even then there is still a good chance they won't give it to you from what I've been told. If it was as easy as just saying you have a kid than a lot more people would be walking around with their phones.
So now that you've talked to your BA. What was the reason given for termination? Especially when you do not have a warning letter for the same offense.

I forgot the exact word he used but it was basically breaking company policy more than once.

Gman33909

Idk why theres such a big deal with phones in the hub. I came from a hub that had 3000+ employees and it was fine just had to get the employee property pass sticker. So obviously that was the OP problem. I am in a hub now that is very strict with bringing them in, if there are issues with certain employees texting or using the phone etc... during work time then address those issues with that employee and discipline them accordingly, i hate that they just try and control everything and not let employees bring in the phone to text during break or listen to music...