Notice of discharge for accidently bringing in my phone?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
They don't ask questions like that if they don't already know the answer. He did the right thing being honest.

Like I said, don't lie. Ask them if they have evidence that you did do something. Really, the Steward should step in and ask that before letting you answer. I have a situation involving a random person on the street taking a picture of a driver. They think the picture is proof of their claim, but it doesn't actually show what the person is claiming. If you fess to something, and they have no proof, you were not represented properly.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
He's got that going for him, but you should only admit to the prior wrongdoings in order to get immunity, or a lesser disciplinary level. You don't just give up that info for nothing, and you don't lie about it. Make them prove it, then confirm.
Your profile pic from The Last Starfighter?

Package Stick

"Send it."
I watched our center manager watching baseball on his phone lmao. Walked by and he was chillin.

Everyone has a phone at my Hub. When a belt stops they whip it out and chill.

Ancient Alien

UPS Vacation
I'm a part time preloader.

Since they don't scan you anymore on the way into the building I didn't realize I had my phone with me when and brought it into the building. My shift started and I didn't think much of it and just told myself I'll get a pass from the security office when I get off. Told my sup if he had a charger I could charge my phone with and then he went and told security I had a phone without a pass and now they are trying to discharge me because of it. They took my id and now I have a hearing in 3 days.

Anyone have experience with situations like this? How it go?
Are you saying we are no longer allowed to field calls on our cell phone during the PCM?

If anybody needs fired for cell phone use... it's seasonal helpers along with the management that hired them!

EverybodyLovesMike

No, my name isnt mike

Since they don't scan you anymore on the way into the building I didn't realize I had my phone with me when and brought it into the building. My shift started and I didn't think much of it and just told myself I'll get a pass from the security office when I get off. Told my sup if he had a charger I could charge my phone with and then he went and told security I had a phone without a pass and now they are trying to discharge me because of it. They took my id and now I have a hearing in 3 days.

Smart move to try and get the first termination out of the way! The first one is always the scariest and welcome to the club

ResetSouthBelt

I’ve seen blue vests at the JaxFL hub with their phones in the building even though I heard a couple years ago that anyone that were still in probation couldn’t bring them in

JJinVA

I used to wonder why preload had such a problem w theft, until i realized how petty management was about cell phones. These guys are getting up at midnight/1am, coming into work at 2am, busting ass for nearly 6 to 8 hours depending on volume, and are then told they can't have phones on them incase of emergencies or to listen to music to make it slightly less miserable? I can almost understand some 'out of spite' theft just because of that. Besides, put some surveillance cameras in ya cheap bastards and punish ppl on an individual basis not this collective punishment horse 💩. If UPS spent a few dollars maintaining their facilities it would be a non issue. 80% of the scanner labels are illegible, if they work at all. Broken rollers, filthy facilities. Now featuring Disaster 3.0...

D

Deleted member 77202

Whats this no phone business? Never heard of it. When you walk into my building early am. All phones are out and about 30 different genres of music are blasting
In my building, the preloaders/drivers/Supervisors/office staff/maintenance employees all have their cell phones out and are looking at them/texting/calling while they're working -- all day, everyday. :blahblah::choir:

Fuzzy Brown

In some buildings the company issues an I.D. sticker to put on your phone because rampant theft even the business agents have to have one.
Is that what you mean by pass?