Notice on package

upsmanclt

I have noticed that FedEx drivers, sorry couriers, sorry again, pilots, leave noticies on the package telling the customer where they left the package. Why?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have noticed that FedEx drivers, sorry couriers, sorry again, pilots, leave noticies on the package telling the customer where they left the package. Why?

FedEx Ground was having an issue with their drivers not leaving delivery notices so they have been directed to leave a notice at every residential stop. Kind of like writing "I will not forget to leave a delivery notice" 100 times on the blackboard. I would think that after a while they will get in the habit of leaving them only when they leave the pkg at an alternate location/address.

klein

Für Meno :)
oh c'mon, UPS has that, too ! Right on the front of the info notice , too !
Check boxes where it has been left (garage, back door, next door, and other )

I used those a few times, instead of leaving the package at the front door, where everyone that walks by can see it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I used those a few times, instead of leaving the package at the front door, where everyone that walks by can see it.

Klein, I know that you have been out of the game for awhile, so I will get you up to speed-----yes, we have delivery notices, but we don't put them on every single residential delivery that we make. FedEx Ground was having an issue with their drivers not leaving notices so they are now instructed to leave them on every single residential delivery that they make. It would think that after awhile they will be allowed to leave them only when an alternate delivery location/address is used to complete the delivery.

Wow! A few times! Way to stick to procedure.

vantexan

As would you in Klein`s "I`m off to a third world country when I retire with my teenage bride despite the questionable morality" club.

Gosh, you work so hard to prove you are superior to the likes of me, and then realize you don't have the huevos to truly improve your situation like I do. Must really grind on you, huh?

franknitty

What i've done every now and then is, if i release a pkg the powerpad asks you to scan the doortag (or press go to bypass this step), instead of sticking the DT on the property, i'll place it on the package. that way if that package disappears from where i released it, when the customer calls to trace the package, certain CSAs at are station are looking to see if the driver left a DT when they released the pkg, the 2nd question out the CSAs mouth is, "Did you leave a DT when you released the package" ? At this point, this is where they start trying to lay blame on the courier, especially if the customer is on the phone "cursing" at the CSA ! Same crap with Pickup doortags ! What a load of crappy, crap, CRAP !

This is just another attempt to blame the courier for EVERYTHING that goes on at our stations ! Management is never responsible for SHHH, dispatch is never responsible for SHHH, CSAs are never responsible for SHHH, but the courier gets the blame for everything that goes on, at least at our station !

My station is known is Cutthroat Territory ! Its a big game, and if you don't figure out how to play the game ASAP, then you lose !

whenIgetthere

We're allowed to take 10 door tags at a time at my station, that's it. And they have to be issued by the gatekeeper or csa! On my route, I need a dozen on a slow day for indirect apt. deliveries. Assinine!

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
We're allowed to take 10 door tags at a time at my station, that's it. And they have to be issued by the gatekeeper or csa! On my route, I need a dozen on a slow day for indirect apt. deliveries. Assinine!

That's a joke.
I've got at least 4 books of them in my truck.
Plus, an extra 2 hidden in the truck b/c for some reason we seem to run out of those and printer rolls.
Hence the 2 extra printer rolls I have hidden in my truck. (yes, I drive (my) the same truck everyday unless it's in the shop)

FedEx2000

That's a joke.
I've got at least 4 books of them in my truck.
Plus, an extra 2 hidden in the truck b/c for some reason we seem to run out of those and printer rolls.
Hence the 2 extra printer rolls I have hidden in my truck. (yes, I drive (my) the same truck everyday unless it's in the shop)

And that is exactly why whenigetthere has a "quota" at his station (10 is stupid though).........every truck has 5 packs of DT's or rolls of labels that are ruined before they ever get used and everyone just keeps grabbing new ones everyday. Do you like it when your kids open a new snack before finishing the first? Waste of money.....no different.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
And that is exactly why whenigetthere has a "quota" at his station (10 is stupid though).........every truck has 5 packs of DT's or rolls of labels that are ruined before they ever get used and everyone just keeps grabbing new ones everyday. Do you like it when your kids open a new snack before finishing the first? Waste of money.....no different.

What a way to run a company. All of this makes total sense when you consider that it takes 3 or 4 levels of management signoffs just to get a new shirt or pair of pants. Obviously, you're on-board with all of this.

Here's an idea for all of you in management. Listen close, OK? I'll do it r-e-e-a-a-a-l slow so you can comprehend it. DO YOUR EFFING JOBS AND QUIT MICROMANAGING ALL OF THIS CHICKEN SHEET!! Jeesuz, what a bunch of morons.

LTFedExer

What a way to run a company. All of this makes total sense when you consider that it takes 3 or 4 levels of management signoffs just to get a new shirt or pair of pants.
My Senior Manager saw me wearing the 'old style' hooded sweatshirt with a broken zipper one day and mentioned we're not allowed to wear them anymore. I simply said "I've been trying to get 3 long pants, 3 long sleeve shirts and a new hooded sweatshirt since Nov. 2010. When I get them, I will gladly throw this one out."

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
My Senior Manager saw me wearing the 'old style' hooded sweatshirt with a broken zipper one day and mentioned we're not allowed to wear them anymore. I simply said "I've been trying to get 3 long pants, 3 long sleeve shirts and a new hooded sweatshirt since Nov. 2010. When I get them, I will gladly throw this one out."

Exactly. Besides uniforms, we have issues with frequently running out of supplies, like the ones that customers use to ship with us. Penny-wise, but pound foolish. Oh, and I hear Fred is airplane shopping these days when money is so tight. Poor Fred, having to decide between Boeing and Airbus while we wear worn out crap that should be burned.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.

Sorry bro,
Since I drive my truck everyday, I stock it and rotate the stock. Nothing goes to waste.
I did have a Sr. mgr. who once said to go through our trucks and throw away any shipping supplies that were dirty. I thought that was a total waste. Oh, and I don't have any kids and I'm a true believer in finishing what's already open first.