Notorious R.B.G. dead at 87 - Replace her before January 17th, 2021?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Looks to me like a Justice or two had a change of heart.
Justices didn't have a say whether or not FDR's authoritarian court packing bill got passed.

The Republican head of the Senate Judiciary Committee held up his garbage bill, that's why he didn't get away with it.

You liberals sure do love trying to rewrite history. SMH.

Last edited:

El Correcto

god is dead
Democrat meltdowns over a scotus pick, WE NEED TO PACK THE COURTS NOW!! FDR THIS FDR THAT.
FDR was a war time president. There were Japanese Attacks on American soil, there were German uboats in the Atlantic off the coast of New York. He did all kinds of horrible :censored2:.... doesn’t mean we need to follow a war time style of governance when the American government is at its most tyrannical.

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.
Why are you deflecting away from state sanctioned genocide against the unborn?
That’s what RBG wanted for America, she will go down as one of the worse Justices in American history.
I’m not.
M4A
(Mandatory-abortions 4 All)

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
What didn't RBG like about Obama , that she continued to stay on the bench during his term ?
She could have easily avoided this mess, if she had retired when asked to do so.
4fn1hz.gif

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
The Republicans were perfectly happy for SCOTUS to begin it's term following Scalia's death with an 8 person bench. If it was perfectly ok then...what's wrong with it now?

As leader of the Senate McConnell went on the Senate floor and refused to give Garland a hearing stating the American people deserved to have a say in who their SCOTUS judges will be. What's different this time? Are Republicans the ONLY Americans?

In addition Graham in Senate committee plainly stated that there should be no SCOTUS appointments in a presidential election year . Isn't this current vacancy what he was talking about?

So they've got two choices? Either stand on the principles and precedents they themselves created and postpone the nomination and confirmation until after the election and if they are confident that Trump and the Senate GOP majority will be retained this should be no problem and will serve to cement their political legacy's aided at least in part by the example of fair political play they would have set.

The opportunity to set themselves apart, to hold themselves to a higher standard, a standard they are constantly accusing the Dems of not holding themselves to stands right there before them.

The other is to stand guilty of their own hypocrisy , have to eat their own words, make complete fools of themselves and quickly push through another nomination. Why would anyone want do this if the election is in the bag for them?

Could their actions be driven by growing doubts about their chances for retention?
Lol, elections matter. In reality, replacing Ginsberg is part of Obama's legacy. He and the dems overreach, force Obamacare on American, and then on Republicans increasingly take considerable control. The end result is 3 seats filled so far on the bench! LOL WINNING!

It will be fine

Lol, elections matter. In reality, replacing Ginsberg is part of Obama's legacy. He and the dems overreach, force Obamacare on American, and then on Republicans increasingly take considerable control. The end result is 3 seats filled so far on the bench! LOL WINNING!
Will you still consider it a win when Democrats eliminate the filibuster, admit DC and PR as states, pack the court and remake the rules on judicial appointments in response?

My question is why didn't she resign earlier? She was very old and had a terminal illness.
Not like she was going to be able to get any work done or ever return to work.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
Why are the Democrats constantly invoking FDR's court packing scheme? Trump is replacing a single justice, not adding additional ones so they can ram through his agenda.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
My question is why didn't she resign earlier? She was very old and had a terminal illness.
Not like she was going to be able to get any work done or ever return to work.

I never understood that. She had EIGHT years under Obama to resign and be replaced with a liberal justice. The only thing I can think of is that she wanted to retire and be replaced under the first female president. Once she realized that wasn't going to happen, she wanted to stay on to rule on as many cases during the Trump years as possible.

I never understood that. She had EIGHT years under Obama to resign and be replaced with a liberal justice. The only thing I can think of is that she wanted to retire and be replaced under the first female president. Once she realized that wasn't going to happen, she wanted to stay on to rule on as many cases during the Trump years as possible.
I guess people don't want to give up the power, Even on her deathbed