NSF check.

clean hairy

Thecontract states a driver shall not be liable for a bad check if a reasonable person would have accepted the check.
We can agree the Drivers are reasonable?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Interesting. I know my kids use their debit cards a lot, but they still write checks for rent and things like that.
Most apartments take online payments now, and a lot of rental houses around here are managed by realty companies that do as well. I'm having trouble thinking of any reason I would need to write a check.... not that I have a checkbook anyways, they don't even give them out when you open a bank account anymore.

SmithBarney

Actually a bad check over $1000, is check FRAUD, a felony... you might want to consult a lawyer, even if you made a mistake, and several did at my center when I was there, they never required payment.

Take the customer to small claims court. It is illegal to bounce a check.

Siveriano

Well we going to a cookout tomorrow ill ask my Steward there, because as of today i havent heard nothing from management regarding this matter(maybe because i "helped" them out by covering a route noone knows today).

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
Cashiers Check/Money Order, or Certified Check, basically all of these "certified funds" are purchased checks
or in the case of a certified check, a bank endorses a check to "certify" that there are "funds" in the account.
Well I know what those are but never heard the term certified funds...thanks

Siveriano

It's Saturday-----save the "shop talk" for Monday morning.
I would if i could but im on a different start time than most of the center. There is 6 routes that start 55 minutes before the other 50 so my start time is 08:05 and the rest of the center is 09:00(08:45 on mondays)

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This is what I see happening during your meeting:

Your supervisor will review the incident with you and ask you if you remember seeing the DIAD prompt asking that you accept either a cashier's check or money order. You will then be handed an agreement in which you will be asked to repay the $1,300 in weekly installments of an amount to be agreed upon by you and your management team. The minimum that they normally accept is $25 but more than likely you will be asked to pay $50 per week for the next 26 weeks. The company has already made good on the bounced check with the shipper. The agreement will be in lieu of any disciplinary action on their part. This agreement will be signed by both parties with a copy placed in your file. It normally takes a week or two for the wage garnishments to begin.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

What part are you referring to? The tariff is the customer agreement, and says the customer is responsible if we accept the right form of payment.

He is implying that the customer has an obligation to have the funds in his account to cover whatever form of payment given and that it is a crime to knowingly submit a check with insufficient funds to cover it.