O.K. Has Peak REALLY Begun Where You Are?

Danimal705

I was informed by a FT manager that today will be highest volume in preload for the season. Building didn't even finish today, they called it quits.

RockinRobin

We are ALL being WATCHED!
We are buried at my Hub. We are all Axx Deep in packages. Our drivers are humping like crazy, like everyone else. This season seems worse to me. I think everyone is shopping online.

upsgrunt

I went to help a driver at 1800 who was dispatched 450 stops and about 800 pieces in a P10. When I found him, he "only" had 250 delivered. When he opened the back door it looked like he had done nothing all day. Poor kid never really had a chance to make that load work. Seems like every other residential stop in our center is a 4 or 5 piece delivery that takes some time to hunt for.
I've been here a year or two, and I've never seen anything like it. Our center rolled 3 full trailers Tuesday, and 1 today; never seen that happen either. I heard customers were coming in and demanding their stuff. What makes it funny is they fired a guy 2 weeks ago for not delivering a misload, but it is okay to let 3 full trailers sit an extra day.

MassWineGuy

Our building is having the problem of not enough rentals or anything to drive. Don't matter if you have the bodies, still need a ride. I really see a few seasonal drivers dropping out after this week or next. Temps heading down to zero degrees rest of this week. Not really just a job to pick up a few extra bucks.

I guess not. Especially when they tell you you will work and then tell you you won't.

upschuck

They have too many loads coming into my hub to process. Left a couple loads undone last couple days, and will probably only get worse, especially after this ice storm comes and goes. Doing 150-200,000 on midnight.

barnyard

KTM rider
We were slammed yesterday. Preload started at 2a, they left at 9 and drivers finished. All routes are in and all helpers are working. PCM the boss said, we cannot afford to have anyone hurt, that includes helpers.

Lots of stops brought back yesterday, I am not enthused for today.

scisector9

Had two seasonal drivers bail already. center manager has been trying to get help from other neighboring centers. 95 percent of routes with helpers every day this week. Told this will be the worst peak in years. Doesn't help we have almost ten perm guys doing their first peak including myself. Tensions are high. Pretty sure I had a slight nervous breakdown Tuesday.

Sent from device_name using BrownCafe App

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Had two seasonal drivers bail already. center manager has been trying to get help from other neighboring centers. 95 percent of routes with helpers every day this week. Told this will be the worst peak in years. Doesn't help we have almost ten perm guys doing their first peak including myself. Tensions are high. Pretty sure I had a slight nervous breakdown Tuesday.

Sent from device_name using BrownCafe App

Nervous breakdown. Lol you new guys.

Actually we have a had a guy out since November after having a nervous breakdown a few weeks into switching routes. A 20+ year driver.

upsman68

We start at 8:50. We didn't leave the bdlg until 10:25. I was dispatched with 220 stops 380 pkgs. The load was bad. I just picked up my helper and had a safe day. Someone came and took 30 stops. I had to drive 15 miles back to the center to drop off my pickups. I was back on my area at 7:45 with 60 stops left. 9:15 we got the message to be off my 10:15 no exceptions. I brought back 10 stops missed. Some drivers brought back over 50 stops missed. Mgmt team did have Jack and the box tacos for us when we got back. That was nice
Stay safe everyone

MassWineGuy

After all the messages I received yesterday from UPS about not working this season, I got a call this morning from a supe asking if I could work as a helper today. At driver's rate, which is extremely nice of him. But I couldn't today. Now it'll be back on my radar.

upschuck

After all the messages I received yesterday from UPS about not working this season, I got a call this morning from a supe asking if I could work as a helper today. At driver's rate, which is extremely nice of him. But I couldn't today. Now it'll be back on my radar.

Ouch......I guess you can't complain about them not working you now. Helper is the best job out there if you make driver pay, no pressure, all the money. :consoling:

J

jibbs

lol @ 12:45am preload start times, but not having a shifter to back trucks up to the door until about 1:30am. Apparently they had to bring somebody down from Baltimore... I'm not sure how it works that there was nobody that could put the trucks on the door even though there were several already waiting by the unload, but it is what it is.

I'll take 45 minutes of getting paid for sleeping in the back of a truck anyday.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
My loader left at break time never to be seen again but yeah anyone can do our jobs.
Break time? What's that like? lol new loaders slinking off to quit makes me giggle. It never fails that it's some kid almost half my age...lol. All said and done this week, I should have about 50 hrs.....half of which is OT. Not too shabby....

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

I have no idea why you couldn't work today, but you really should have. Unfortunately, you probably dropped yourself back to the bottom of the list. UPS demands reliability.

Good luck.

over9five

Staff member
It's Peak. I have to bail Sunday cuz I won't have hours.

Can't believe how some of the smaller buildings are dealing with this volume. Trailer after trailer, way more than years past.