Obama Speech

moreluck

golden ticket member
Expectations are sky high for O's speech tonight. That's because O has been enticing people about his great jobs plan since before he went to Martha's vinyard.

We kept hearing, "when I get back..." & "when I present my plan...." I'm expecting a big disappointment.

It's just like when someone says, "wait 'til you see what I got you for your birthday present.....and they continue this for several days before the event. You open your present and there's the ugliest scarf you've ever seen in that box.

So, pop the popcorn, pour the soda and get ready for 40 mins. of talking points!!

It's suppose to be an important event considering the joint session venue...........my wish gift would be for him to resign. :dissapointed:

(The above message is an original composition by me!)

Wow, FOXED SPEWS very own "border baby", michele malkin does a piece on the teamsters.... and you run with that? Seriously? Are you like the last person on earth who takes this woman seriously?

Peace.
You are so full of it. Malkin is an American citizen, her parents were here on a visa when she was born. Now if you want to refute something she said, have at it but just ranting the same old worn out lies don't cut it big boy.
I know, if you can come up with some documented proof that MM is a "border baby", here is an excellent chance to also prove you aren't just another left wing hater whack-o.

Here's a great clip of Michele Malkins stupidity on Chris Mathews show.

Michele Malkin gets more death threats everyday than ANY other right wing talking head and has had to move her family constantly. I couldnt be the only one who hates her, if she holds that title moreluck.

Peace.

And here is a bit of genus from your hero.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
JOBLESS CLAIMS RISE -- AGAIN...
STOCK MARKET DROPS -- AGAIN...
GOLD PRICES SOAR -- AGAIN...
WH: TIME FOR CONGRESS TO ACT...
SENATE DEMS: DON'T BLAME US...
OBAMA PLAN NOW $400 BILLION?

If GWB's stimulus didn't work and bhos' stimulus again didn't work, what makes me to believe that a third attempt will work ?

Last edited by a moderator:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

JOBLESS CLAIMS RISE -- AGAIN...
STOCK MARKET DROPS -- AGAIN...
GOLD PRICES SOAR -- AGAIN...
WH: TIME FOR CONGRESS TO ACT...
SENATE DEMS: DON'T BLAME US...
OBAMA PLAN NOW $400 BILLION?

If GWB's stimulus didn't work and bhos' stimulus again didn't work, what makes me to believe that a third attempt will work ?

Third times a charm?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
There will also be new infrastructure spending in Obama's plan to rebuild schools, roads and bridges will cost over $100 billion.
Finally, state and local governments would receive billions to hire more teachers and first responders.

Sounds like some one is using this third time as payback to certain unions.
This country has enough schools, heck Vt has been hit so hard by the rains from Irene and now Lee that all this money is needed to repair just their roads.

We pay into a federal tax fund now with every gallon of fuel bought, and even more if you buy diesel, that is supposed to go to our roads programs. But alas Congress has for years been dipping into it for other pet projects.

moreluck

golden ticket member
[h=2]Good News: Obama’s Proposed Stimulus Bill Jumped From $300 Billion To $400 Billion Overnight…[/h]!
(CBS News)On Wednesday, CBS News learned that the president’s jobs and growth package now could top $400 billion. That’s a big number, and CBS News correspondent Norah O’Donnell reports that the size of this plan has grown over recent days.

Advisors claim this plan will have bipartisan appeal and will be paid for with additional deficit reduction. President Obama’s plan will combine new tax cuts and spending measures.

Also included in the plan is an extension of the payroll-tax cuts set to expire. That’s worth $1,000 per household. Its estimated cost is $120 billion dollars.

The president would like to add new payroll tax cuts for employers, for small businesses.

Extending unemployment benefits is also a top priority, at a cost of $50 billion dollars. Sources say the president will propose a plan where employers can try out workers receiving unemployment for free.

There will also be new infrastructure spending in Obama’s plan to rebuild schools, roads and bridges will cost over $100 billion.

Finally, state and local governments would receive billions to hire more teachers and first responders. That, along with new small business tax cuts could cost another $100 billion dollars.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Hey moreluck,

Do you by chance know what your share of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars is for you? Youre paying for it so I am sure you are concerned about it right?

Try 15K.

Hope that puts your financial mind at ease.

Peace.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This speech showed once again what a powerful orator President Obama is. Was it a re-election speech? In part, yes, but I think it was a call for our leaders to put their differences aside, roll up their sleeves and get this deal done.

I like most of what I heard. I like the $4K tax credit businesses will receive when they hire a new employee who had been unemployed for an extended period of time. Obviously this is cheaper than paying unemployment insurance. I like the extension of the payroll tax cut. I like his call for Medicare reform but wished that there had been more details offered.

I will be curious to read the details of this plan as they become available.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Sat down to watch the speech and the power went out for 4 and 1/2 hours. It's like I've been saved!!! Thank you, Jesus!!

moreluck

golden ticket member
This speech showed once again what a powerful orator President Obama is. Was it a re-election speech? In part, yes, but I think it was a call for our leaders to put their differences aside, roll up their sleeves and get this deal done.

I like most of what I heard. I like the $4K tax credit businesses will receive when they hire a new employee who had been unemployed for an extended period of time. Obviously this is cheaper than paying unemployment insurance. I like the extension of the payroll tax cut. I like his call for Medicare reform but wished that there had been more details offered.

I will be curious to read the details of this plan as they become available.
He's not a detail oriented type of guy.......he'll let you know in a few weeks!

moreluck

golden ticket member
After reading a few writings on the speech I tend to be leery of him saying to pass it right away and he'll tell us the details later.....that's how Obamacare came about. Remember, we have to pass the bill to find out what's in it?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Ok, anybody got the count on the number of "I", "me", "we inherited", "pass this bill" (17), or another of his most common sayings ?

moreluck

golden ticket member
Ok, anybody got the count on the number of "I", "me", "we inherited", "pass this bill" (17), or another of his most common sayings ?
Power out and couldn't watch it, but from what I have read, he didn't make himself 'perfectly clear'......or for that matter perfectly complete....but Dave drank the kool-aid!

moreluck

golden ticket member
I noticed Obama mentioned more schools in his speech.........let's clear all the illegal immigrants from the schools first and then see if we still need more schools.