OCPU abuse

Notcool

I'm a new driver and I have one place that I call a OCPU abuser. I'll get there at 400 as scheduled and I'll pick up. Then 30min to a hour later I'll get an OCPU for the same place for one box they didn't have ready. I can't wait everyday for 30min or longer for them to give me one box when I have 20 pu and resi to do. This place is slow one time I picked up there and not 10min later an OCPU they said they were done....

oldngray

nowhere special
They are paying for that OCPU how are the abusing the service. It's annoying but a lot of things about the job are
If they call for a pickup and the driver goes there but doesn't pick up anything do they get billed? They should but I think the billing may not start until a package is picked up. I knew customers who would do the same thing.

Indecisi0n

I'm a new driver and I have one place that I call a OCPU abuser. I'll get there at 400 as scheduled and I'll pick up. Then 30min to a hour later I'll get an OCPU for the same place for one box they didn't have ready. I can't wait everyday for 30min or longer for them to give me one box when I have 20 pu and resi to do. This place is slow one time I picked up there and not 10min later an OCPU they said they were done....
Find out what time they close and go back one minute before. Even if they set an early pickup time you can have the office change the commit time.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If they call for a pickup and the driver goes there but doesn't pick up anything do they get billed? They should but I think the billing may not start until a package is picked up. I knew customers who would do the same thing.

They are billed unless you cancel the OCA.

To the OP---you can cancel the P/U and use Already Picked Up for the reason.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
They are billed unless you cancel the OCA.

To the OP---you can cancel the P/U and use Already Picked Up for the reason.
That would be falsifying records in this instance.
They get 1 pickup per day per service guidelines.
The OCPU charge is to cover the cost of coming back later.
I would not do this before checking with your management ... let them make the call.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
They are paying for that OCPU how are the abusing the service. It's annoying but a lot of things about the job are
Thank you!

d5504a1c-f8e2-4028-96f6-6b038180e644.gif

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member

You have 2 choices !!!!

Do your job or leave them a coupon

Coupon.jpg

Ms.PacMan

I have a p/u just like this. They probably don't realize there is an OCA charge, so tell them. Do it carefully though, because you don't want to sound like a lazy ass but rather someone concerned about their finances.

Now they shove an office chair at me, give me a bottle of water and beg me to stay 5 min. I tell them 5 actual minutes and then take the water and go sort the truck.

Old driver advise....act like you are their employee/co-worker, not a UPS employee. Most drivers do this and it's why customers love us.