Odds of being brought on after seasonal

It all really depends on a-lot of factors.

1) Are you good?
2) Does your center manager have someone in the mix they already like?
3) Is the internal pool (union PT package handlers) strong or weak?

There are so many factors that go into it. I'm 34 and left FedEx after 10 years last Oct. for the opportunity to be brought on after peak and missed being offered a full-time qualifying chance by 1 person. So of the 30ish seasonals I was the #2 guy. Adios and come back in the summer or throw packages and sign the bid sheet.

The guy that was offered was a prior full time Teamster driver who left for whatever reasons and knew the center manager. When they offered him the job, he refused because he heard working Saturdays was coming. Their loss.

I came back in June and just qualified. One of the proudest moments as an adult I have ever had. If it is something you REALLY want and you have the acumen and ability to do a good job and be an employee they want, you WILL get hired in off the street at some point. When you have doubt and worry about the process, and trust me....YOU WILL, do what my On Road Supervisor always told me. Envision what your 20-30 year qualified older self would be saying to you for sticking it out.

Hope it helps. Best of luck. Learn as much as you can and you will do fine.

Over 70

If you're truly good they won't let you walk even if they have enough people. They'll keep you and string you along and make you call in to see if there's any work at 3am until you quit or a spot opens up.

Indecisi0n

Getting hired after peak as a seasonal is possible. Being hired as an off the street full timer driver is rear but it does happen. Most get hired inside then have to crawl their way up the seniority ladder to go driving full time.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
You’re almost there.
C338C637-6F05-4DAB-9EA9-F783D37A5152.jpeg

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
if you're on the inside and show up every day to try your best, 99% likely

same but driving? 50%, but much better if you count later next year

I was a preloader in the 90's when you actually had to know your 80/20 sequence numbers. I knew those for 30 different routes in a very large hub, and also drove utility. Left after 5 years, but am coming back this week as a peak driver. UPS taught me driving habits that I still retain to this day. I loved the job every day, even if it was working in the snow at 10 PM. I've been an accountant now for many years, but am still in very good shape, and I believe I will be able to distinguish myself as a peak season driver. Are the odds of staying on pretty much dependent on the current needs of the Center come January?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I was a preloader in the 90's when you actually had to know your 80/20 sequence numbers. I knew those for 30 different routes in a very large hub, and also drove utility. Left after 5 years, but am coming back this week as a peak driver. UPS taught me driving habits that I still retain to this day. I loved the job every day, even if it was working in the snow at 10 PM. I've been an accountant now for many years, but am still in very good shape, and I believe I will be able to distinguish myself as a peak season driver. Are the odds of staying on pretty much dependent on the current needs of the Center come January?

So the “numbers” didn’t quite work out for you?