Odds of being brought on after seasonal

upschuck

At my center, when it is to hire a person off street, they go to those that worked peak first. Where they are in that ratio, is not known to me.

oldngray

nowhere special
Good post Yoda

My posts, as is all.
Yoda.jpg

Wildfire951

Ok I know it's asked a lot but I'm going into a little more detail on my situation......have an interview for a FT seasonal driver. My center is a small one with a college being in the same town. With that being said most of the PT are still in school and have no interest in driving full time. I know a lot of the drivers at the center my dad retired from there about four years ago. The drivers tell me that the center is having a hard time getting people to drive and the center is hurting for drivers bad.. CAN I BE BROUGHT IN FULL TIME AFTER PEAK? I kinda understand the process since my dad was a lifer at UPS but they say a lot has changed since then. Thanks

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Ok I know it's asked a lot but I'm going into a little more detail on my situation......have an interview for a FT seasonal driver. My center is a small one with a college being in the same town. With that being said most of the PT are still in school and have no interest in driving full time. I know a lot of the drivers at the center my dad retired from there about four years ago. The drivers tell me that the center is having a hard time getting people to drive and the center is hurting for drivers bad.. CAN I BE BROUGHT IN FULL TIME AFTER PEAK? I kinda understand the process since my dad was a lifer at UPS but they say a lot has changed since then. Thanks

Good question and thank you for going into more detail. Under those circumstances, I bet that question has never been asked before so you are going to get some different answers on this because it's such a new topic.

Hope you get to stay on after peak and they get you qualified and on a route. We are really hurting for drivers. Good luck!

upschuck

I had the perfect response, but someone mivwd it and wouldn't let me post it, and too lazy to retype the wisdom written within.

Shortened condensed answer is maybe.

Wildfire951

Thanks for the input... never worked there but with family putting their time in at UPS I'm not going in completely blind. Right now I work as a wildland firefighter long days and night very fast pace love what I do but on call every other week and minimal Benefits is making the job tougher to stick with..... also what if I get 30 days in as a seasonal what does that mean for me ?

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Being "seasonal" means just that... they can let you go anytime.

after the peak season "free period" then it's game on to do that 30-40 day packet towards becoming a full fledged teamster driver.

You just gotta outshine the other seasonal drivers so the sups take notice of who's naughty & who's nice . And from another poster who said boobies and or skin color help secure the status quo in some terminals may or may not be correct

Wait wut? Is this right???

Last edited:

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Good question and thank you for going into more detail. Under those circumstances, I bet that question has never been asked before so you are going to get some different answers on this because it's such a new topic.

Hope you get to stay on after peak and they get you qualified and on a route. We are really hurting for drivers. Good luck!

Who the hell are you and what did you do with Scooby?