Off Topic --

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Legally: Not At Fault, other driver failed to yield.
FedEx will find it Preventable: Road condition, vehicle speed, driver inattention.
Based on total damages, driver may no longer be driving for FedEx. In that case, hopefully, he will find a non-driving position.
But at a considerable lower wage with most likely less hours.

unless there was a good reason to expect otherwise, he should have seen the other car pulling out.
Easy for you to say.

Oldfart

Might be ruled a preventable because the courier should have seen the car pulling out. LRL. Didn't seem like he ever hit his brakes before or after the collision. No evasive move at all. What's up with that?

That accident should not prevent him from continuing his job UNLESS he has a history of accidents.

Last edited:

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Let’s say hypothetically (since we know nothing) the FedEx courier had a green light and the car a red light. I’m guessing FedEx would still charge him with a preventable?

Probably. I would. When approaching an intersection, you're to lift and cover and perform a left-right-left before accelerating through it. Why? Because people run stop lights and stop signs. I'd bet $100 that he didn't mention lift&cover or left-right-left when he wrote out his statement.

Heck, in my own car I approach intersections with the assumption that someone in the crossing lanes is in a hurry or not paying attention.

Oldfart

Let’s say hypothetically (since we know nothing) the FedEx courier had a green light and the car a red light. I’m guessing FedEx would still charge him with a preventable?
Defensive Driving 101. Fedex doesn't rule FAULT or NOT FAULT. They are preventable or non preventable. Lift and cover, LRL, keep your eyes moving are several things it appears our driver didn't do. It also appears our guy didn't have his headlights on. I didn't see them on from the front end shot and you don't see the side clearance lights on when he is driving thru the yard. Add make sure they see you to the items our guy didn't do. The car he hit had already cleared 1 lane of opposing traffic plus a turn lane and our guy didn't see him or take any action to avoid the collision. I believe the video hurts our driver more than it helps his case.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Probably. I would. When approaching an intersection, you're to lift and cover and perform a left-right-left before accelerating through it. Why? Because people run stop lights and stop signs. I'd bet $100 that he didn't mention lift&cover or left-right-left when he wrote out his statement.

Heck, in my own car I approach intersections with the assumption that someone in the crossing lanes is in a hurry or not paying attention.
Thanks. I was just curious what your answer would be. First thing I noticed was how fast he seemed to be going. Also, it seems to me that if he had been paying attention and the car hit him, he would have been able to handle his truck better after impact.

If he’s a newer courier, I wonder how much of a part the limited training they’re receiving now came into play.

59 Dano

I hope whomever’s route this guy is on recognizes him and dex 8’s every single package.

And don't leave the door tag :)

It's like teaching a lesson to a child. "Until you show me you can handle this situation maturely, I'm going to keep putting you in this situation. GOOD LUCK!"

59 Dano

Thanks. I was just curious what your answer would be. First thing I noticed was how fast he seemed to be going. Also, it seems to me that if he had been paying attention and the car hit him, he would have been able to handle his truck better after impact.

If he’s a newer courier, I wonder how much of a part the limited training they’re receiving now came into play.

I think the defensive driving is still two days, just like it has been for the last several years.

Oldfart

Everybody gets the same defensive driving training. 2 days.

The newer 900's have DRL. This trucks lights might have been on but they didn't appear to be.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Ha! Mr. BooHoo Boy must be humbly gratified at the overwhelming level of support he’s received from the YT comments. What an idjit! :laugh: