Off Topic --

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Will be flying home from Philly tomorrow after watching the Army /Navy game and preparing to see my Sooners football team make their way to the National Championship game.

Your resemblance to MF grows stronger with each post.

Oldfart

Your resemblance to MF grows stronger with each post.
No idea who that is. Is he a Sooners fan too? Have him meet me at the Orange Bowl in a few weeks and I will buy him a cold Budweiser.
Don't be a hater because you can't live the good life and play sports fan extraordinaire. I bet your weekly game of Scrabble is pretty wild.

Oldfart

He was a guy with your personality and other tendencies.

What is it about my life that you think is so bad?
The fact that you left the company some time back and still hang out on this forum for 1.

Heck, I worked at UPS in the early 70's and I don't think I have looked at their forum more than a couple of times.

You continue to post about operational matters that you have no idea what you are talking about for 2.

You claim to know what was going on with the company back in the late 70's and early 80's even though you admitted you were not working there then and told those that were they didn't have any idea what was going on. 3

Overall, just kinda sad and funny at the same time.

floridays

If what you are doing isn't working, you have to make a move. It's never too late to do the right thing.

I hope Richard Smith gave Cunningham a juicy deal when he sold him his old house last year. 1.8 million doesn't last as long as it used to.
Not for a good life, sports extraordinaire chaser.
I understand why you can't just walk away, Warren Buffett. You pay for cotton candy...... poof it's gone, but you have the ticket and can boast you were there.
I know your response, I have hundreds of tickets, and lots of freebies that only cost transportation to get to the event.
It's cotton candy, good for the moment, then poof gone. Doesn't make you a better person. I hope you find the one thing that can fill you so you don't have to chase around for the next cotton candy stand.
How are the beagles and grand kids doin?
Not tryin to be mean, in a way I like you, said it before.
You sound exactly like someone I used to know.
Figure that one out.
Merry Christmas my friend.

This was not meant in a bad way or to be mean.

Oldfart

Not for a good life, sports extraordinaire chaser.
I understand why you can't just walk away, Warren Buffett. You pay for cotton candy...... poof it's gone, but you have the ticket and can boast you were there.
I know your response, I have hundreds of tickets, and lots of freebies that only cost transportation to get to the event.
It's cotton candy, good for the moment, then poof gone. Doesn't make you a better person. I hope you find the one thing that can fill you so you don't have to chase around for the next cotton candy stand.
How are the beagles and grand kids doin?
Not tryin to be mean, in a way I like you, said it before.
You sound exactly like someone I used to know.
Figure that one out.
Merry Christmas my friend.

This was not meant in a bad way or to be mean.
I only wish I knew what you just said. Cotton candy? I am a funnel cake person.

Oldfart

I corrected that CEO bit if you bothered to actually READ my post.

I see you let those rose colored glasses do your thinking for you and your life must be sub-pathetic if you worship the FedEx upper crust the way you do.

I’m sure they have you working only 11 hours a week ‘cause they really don’t want you around much, even at peak.
Worked almost 4 hours today. Was off yesterday. Might bust 13 or so hrs this week. Gonna work 6 days next week. The trip to Miami for the Orange Bowl is super expensive so I will make enough next week to cover the trip.

floridays

I only wish I knew what you just said. Cotton candy? I am a funnel cake person.
Put some cotton candy in your mouth, after it melts ..... poof it's gone. The same as your Army-Navy game and the rest of your bucket list. No lasting value.
Who gives a rats rear end. That was my point.

59 Dano

The fact that you left the company some time back and still hang out on this forum for 1.

Ah, so because I left the company and still participate in a forum that I've been active in since 2009... I have a bad life!

You continue to post about operational matters that you have no idea what you are talking about for 2.

And because I make comments about operational matters... I have a bad life!

You claim to know what was going on with the company back in the late 70's and early 80's even though you admitted you were not working there then and told those that were they didn't have any idea what was going on. 3

And because my knowledge about the company exceeds what you saw written on a poster... I have a bad life!

Overall, just kinda sad and funny at the same time.

Based on the brilliant logic you've presented, I agree.

Oldfart

And because my knowledge about the company exceeds what you saw written on a poster... I have a bad life!
You read what happened at the company during the 70's, I was there. No idea of the poster you referred to, just what I saw and heard from sales and managers. Kind of makes your opinion not matter. Bummer

Last edited:

Oldfart

And because I make comments about operational matters... I have a bad life!
You mean the incorrect comments about operational matters. Remember the discussion about dispatchers and their responsibilities. Your comments were so far off and incorrect it shows your knowledge of operational matters is zero. Dispatchers must have management approval to get a courier delivery help but have the power to get them pu help? Wow. That was very interesting and wrong. One of many instances where you proved that you could not have station experience.

59 Dano

You read what happened at the company during the 70's, I was there. No idea of the poster you referred to, just what I saw and heard from sales and managers. Kind of makes your opinion not matter. Bummer

OH, I SEE -- because you were an entry level employee and you heard stuff, YOU'RE THE EXPERT!!! Got it, thanks!

You mean the incorrect comments about operational matters. Remember the discussion about dispatchers and their responsibilities. Your comments were so far off and incorrect it shows your knowledge of operational matters is zero. Dispatchers must have management approval to get a courier delivery help but have the power to get them pu help? Wow. That was very interesting and wrong. One of many instances where you proved that you could not have station experience.

During the course of that discussion you managed to disagree with me while saying I was wrong AND agree with me while saying I was wrong. I guess you couldn't remember what you heard the sales guy (whose word is gospel) say so you decided to take every possible side.