Off Topic --

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Defensive Driving 101. Fedex doesn't rule FAULT or NOT FAULT. They are preventable or non preventable. Lift and cover, LRL, keep your eyes moving are several things it appears our driver didn't do. It also appears our guy didn't have his headlights on. I didn't see them on from the front end shot and you don't see the side clearance lights on when he is driving thru the yard. Add make sure they see you to the items our guy didn't do. The car he hit had already cleared 1 lane of opposing traffic plus a turn lane and our guy didn't see him or take any action to avoid the collision. I believe the video hurts our driver more than it helps his case.

Everybody gets the same defensive driving training. 2 days.

The newer 900's have DRL. This trucks lights might have been on but they didn't appear to be.

Asking a question like that makes me wonder if you ever went to Defensive Driving class.

More proof you have no station experience.
Big difference between a real courier and one that just wears the uniform. A real courier wouldnt have to ask hypothetical questions about a car running a redlight and hitting a fedex van and if it was preventable or not.

Geezus Man. If you spent half as much time paying attention to your wife as you do paying attention to me she might be wanting you to retire. Instead you still have to work. Bummer.

Oldfart

Geezus Man. If you spent half as much time paying attention to your wife as you do paying attention to me she might be wanting you to retire. Instead you still have to work. Bummer.
Have to work? Not hardly. Work 3 days a week, 3 hrs a day. Save $1900 a month in insurance premiums while I make about 1k a month. Almost like making $2900 a month for bout 40 hrs. Don't be jealous. Maybe they will let you be a handler when you want to slow down.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Probably. I would. When approaching an intersection, you're to lift and cover and perform a left-right-left before accelerating through it. Why? Because people run stop lights and stop signs. I'd bet $100 that he didn't mention lift&cover or left-right-left when he wrote out his statement.

Never heard of this term, but I do that on busy intersections on route to my rural area

I drive with a mindset that everyone around you are idiots or inattentive drivers so I won't be caught off guard

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Never heard of this term, but I do that on busy intersections on route to my rural area

I drive with a mindset that everyone around you are idiots or inattentive drivers so I won't be caught off guard
Lift and Cover is when you're about to let one loose. You lift your buttcheek and cover your nose.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Lift on the accelerator pedal and cover the brake pedal... how is this defensive driving course only available to FXE??? C'mon, let's share in the knowledge

FdtvQD2.gif

dezguy

Again, he's too scared to retire. FedEx is the only place anyone listens to him and only because management knows if they don't, he'll cry the loudest because that's what these old timers do.

Retire from FedEx and he's just another old geezer that no one listens to and has no purpose. Hell, his wife, if someone is unfortunate enough to be stuck with him must be shaking in her boots at the thought of having to be stuck at home with him all day.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Have to work? Not hardly. Work 3 days a week, 3 hrs a day. Save $1900 a month in insurance premiums while I make about 1k a month. Almost like making $2900 a month for bout 40 hrs. Don't be jealous. Maybe they will let you be a handler when you want to slow down.
Defining the reason you have to work (to pay for insurance) doesn’t change the fact you have to work.

Oldfart

Defining the reason you have to work (to pay for insurance) doesn’t change the fact you have to work.
Have to work? Na. Just smart use of 10 hours a week. Gonna wait on the lump sum insurance payment and let it pay my insurance premiums for couple of years at some point. 4 day weekends EVERY week and some pocket change that lets me mark down my bucket list. Will be flying home from Philly tomorrow after watching the Army /Navy game and preparing to see my Sooners football team make their way to the National Championship game. When football tickets cost over $300 each and there is 2 rounds in the playoffs, a little chump change never hurts.

Oldfart

When you consider what I make in salary and what I save on insurance, you are looking at bout $95 an hour. I only deliver 8 or 9 FO each day I work. I will work 10 hours a week for that type of return anytime and still do what I want, when I want. Go Sooners

MAKAVELI

Have to work? Na. Just smart use of 10 hours a week. Gonna wait on the lump sum insurance payment and let it pay my insurance premiums for couple of years at some point. 4 day weekends EVERY week and some pocket change that lets me mark down my bucket list. Will be flying home from Philly tomorrow after watching the Army /Navy game and preparing to see my Sooners football team make their way to the National Championship game. When football tickets cost over $300 each and there is 2 rounds in the playoffs, a little chump change never hurts.

When you consider what I make in salary and what I save on insurance, you are looking at bout $95 an hour. I only deliver 8 or 9 FO each day I work. I will work 10 hours a week for that type of return anytime and still do what I want, when I want. Go Sooners
What's up Dave? How's the BOG?