Off Topic --

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Are you positive? I could’ve sworn it was a Modelo I offered you. Well I am old, of course. (wasn’t too sure how the José Jiménez reference was going to play) :happy-very:

floridays

Are you positive? I could’ve sworn it was a Modelo I offered you. Well I am old, of course. (wasn’t too sure how the José Jiménez reference was going to play) :happy-very:
I messed up, I requested Tecate, you summarily turned down my request. I requested, you denied. I guess I served myself:thumbup1:.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
View attachment 220765

These are the ones I see. They’re called both turkey buzzards and turkey vultures. They’re a protected species.
9ED184C4-C31B-4697-A37A-84132F962987.jpeg

Nasty buzzards. Lol.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
I am not sure of what the contract is, but ours flips ATT/VZW all the time.
Never saw VZW at all anymore...

http://djbeema.blogspot.com/2007/11/i-hate-that-:censored:ing-verizon-fios-kid.html?m=1

LoL, glad I'm not the only one about that actor. NSFW due to lots of profanity

OrioN

That first snowstorm was a doozy on Thursday, quickly melted away by the p.m. rush hour. Friday, the chewy trailer and a few others didn't make it to the terminal. Half work for full pay, yay! Clocked out at 1600 today.

bacha29

That first snowstorm was a doozy on Thursday, quickly melted away by the p.m. rush hour. Friday, the chewy trailer and a few others didn't make it to the terminal. Half work for full pay, yay! Clocked out at 1600 today.
Cherish the experience because you know what's coming next week when the catching up happens. Heading out even later with twice as much to do and fewer available hours due to later release and fewer hours of daylight.

OrioN

Ah, Saturday was just like that!

Late trailers, later dispatch. Triple workload, bricked out the truck. Clocked out 2330.

Having area knowledge still made it stress free

dezguy

UPDATE: FedEx driver found safe after running van overnight to stay warm

This had to have been Ground. If it was Express, I find it hard to believe a Mgr would leave them out there all night. I would leave it before staying in the truck all night.
Years ago, we had a guy not return to sta for the reload. Managers had already left for the day and none of them were answering their phones.

The DM ended up getting called and 5 of us were sent out to look for him. He was found, eventually, in the dark. His battery had :censored2: the bed in the middle of nowhere so the dads unit was useless. He waited for 4 hours for someone, anyone to drive by so he could flag them down but no one came down that road.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Years ago, we had a guy not return to sta for the reload. Managers had already left for the day and none of them were answering their phones.

The DM ended up getting called and 5 of us were sent out to look for him. He was found, eventually, in the dark. His battery had :censored2: the bed in the middle of nowhere so the dads unit was useless. He waited for 4 hours for someone, anyone to drive by so he could flag them down but no one came down that road.
That’s great that y’all didn’t leave him out there.

dezguy

That’s great that y’all didn’t leave him out there.
Well, our managers (one of which lost their job over it) didn't seem to care.

We were going out looking for him regardless. Just glad the DM had enough sense to have her phone e actually turned on and formulate a game plan

Things are different now, not having to rely on the dads unit as our sole source for communication (or even worse, the radios)