Official Canada Thread with Current News

moreluck

golden ticket member
If reefer is a truck, then the madness part would be that it came to life and attacked.........like in Max. Overdrive.

Don't lose sleep over it wkmac.......it was a fleeting thought/vision in my brain and it's gone now. It was a location joke....you had to be there. My brain is so overloaded with trivial stuff, it just spills out and rolls right down the drain. I get a big laugh out of it. You don't see the humor perhaps....then again I don't read history books. Different strokes! (what you talkin' about, Willis?) See, silly crap like that. Just brain farts.

If reefer is a truck, then the madness part would be that it came to life and attacked.........like in Max. Overdrive.

Don't lose sleep over it wkmac.......it was a fleeting thought/vision in my brain and it's gone now. It was a location joke....you had to be there. My brain is so overloaded with trivial stuff, it just spills out and rolls right down the drain. I get a big laugh out of it. You don't see the humor perhaps....then again I don't read history books. Different strokes! (what you talkin' about, Willis?) See, silly crap like that. Just brain farts.

I thought it was LSD that caused those kind of flash backs not marijuana?

moreluck

golden ticket member
I have Thumper pajamas, Eeyore pj's, Betty Boop pj's, Mickey pj's............it's the Pajama Game for me. What do you wear to bed?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
The Federal Court of Canada on Wednesday ordered Air Canada to pay $12,000 to Ottawa French-language rights crusader Michel Thibodeau in part because when he asked an English-speaking flight attendant for 7Up in May 12 of 2009, he got Sprite.​
"The applicants' language rights are clearly very important to them and the violation of their rights caused them a moral prejudice, pain and suffering and loss of enjoyment of their vacation," Justice Marie-Josee Bedard wrote in her judgment.
Air Canada was also ordered to apologize to Mr. Thibodeau and his wife Lynda.
http://www.moonbattery.com/

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The Federal Court of Canada on Wednesday ordered Air Canada to pay $12,000 to Ottawa French-language rights crusader Michel Thibodeau in part because when he asked an English-speaking flight attendant for 7Up in May 12 of 2009, he got Sprite.
"The applicants' language rights are clearly very important to them and the violation of their rights caused them a moral prejudice, pain and suffering and loss of enjoyment of their vacation," Justice Marie-Josee Bedard wrote in her judgment.

This had nothing to do with the beverage served but rather with the arrogance of a couple who refused to speak a language that they fully understood. I can appreciate pride in their national language but to sue over such a trivial matter clearly shows how litigious our society has become.

Maybe I can sue the next time I go to Montreal and one of the natives can't be bothered to acknowledge me when I ask for directions in English.

The Federal Court of Canada on Wednesday ordered Air Canada to pay $12,000 to Ottawa French-language rights crusader Michel Thibodeau in part because when he asked an English-speaking flight attendant for 7Up in May 12 of 2009, he got Sprite.

This had nothing to do with the beverage served but rather with the arrogance of a couple who refused to speak a language that they fully understood. I can appreciate pride in their national language but to sue over such a trivial matter clearly shows how litigious our society has become.

Maybe I can sue the next time I go to Montreal and one of the natives can't be bothered to acknowledge me when I ask for directions in English.
I just hope that the next time I go to Canada, someone shoots be before I get across the border.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I just hope that the next time I go to Canada, someone shoots be before I get across the border.

Canada is a beautiful country rich with natural wonders and (for the most part) friendly people. Much like football in Texas, hockey is a way of life in Canada. Toronto is as American as any US city. I'm surprised a metrosexual such as yourself would not want to go to Montreal.:wink2:

Canada is a beautiful country rich with natural wonders and (for the most part) friendly people. Much like football in Texas, hockey is a way of life in Canada. Toronto is as American as any US city. I'm surprised a metrosexual such as yourself would not want to go to Montreal.:wink2:
First of all, I'm not a football fan, second I really dislike (can't use the word hate anymore) hockey. The only place I have been to in Canada was across from Detroit and I really wasn't there long. To be honest with ya, I have to wonder about the sanity of anyone that goes without sun as many days as that part of the world.
Because I'm in a good mood, I'll let ya slide on the metrosexual comment. :)