Official Canada Thread with Current News

klein

Für Meno :)
Nobody cares about Edmonton here except you(as far as I know)

Paul McCartney does !
Besides Vancouver, Edmonton is the only other city in Canada on his "On the Run" Tour.
Last time Paul held a concert in Vancouver, was in the 60's with the Beatles !
He has never been to Edmonton, though. Nov 28th, I believe the date of his concert is here.

DS

Fenderbender
That's hilarious wkmac...
What a bunch of hosers.
You'd think the smell of daisies over skunk would be a sign.
Lethbridge Alberta police FAIL!

wkmac

That's hilarious wkmac...
What a bunch of hosers.
You'd think the smell of daisies over skunk would be a sign.
Lethbridge Alberta police FAIL!

On a similar comedic note but with a UPS twist.

About 20 years ago, we had a UPS supervisor who had a green thumb that was just beyond belief. My wife and I went over to his home one Sunday and it was literally a botanical garden. When it came to plants he was the go too guy. A feeder driver was having problems with his okra so the supervisor told him to bring in one of the plants, roots and all. They were small seedlings. The driver did and the supervisor took one look and identified his problem but for whatever reason he or nobody else even now can figure, he broke the roots off and put the remaining plant back in the baggie (you know where this is going don't you LOL!) and he put it inside his suit pocket.

Later that night again not knowing why, he threw the baggie in his desk lap drawer and went home. Early the next morning he got a call at home from the Feeder manager that marijuana had been found in his desk. As he questioned the details he remembered the okra so he asked who identified it was marijuana? The manager told him that an expert had identified it as marijuana and when he asked who the expert was. He was told it was another supervisor who was once a cop.

At this point the supervisor told the manager that "maybe in the city they called that marijuana but out in the country we call that okra!"

Oh you can only imagine how much fun we had with that in the days ahead. The manager was a real good sport about it but "the expert" was not which made it even better.

texan

Happy Thanks-giving Canada !
Had to look it up:
Thanksgiving, or Thanksgiving Day (Canadian French: Jour de l'Action de grâce), occurring on the second Monday in October, is an annual Canadian holiday which celebrates the harvest and other blessings of the past year.[SUP][1][/SUP]
On Thursday, January 31, 1957, the Canadian Parliament proclaimed:

A Day of General Thanksgiving to Almighty God for the bountiful harvest with which Canada has been
blessed – to be observed on the 2nd Monday in October.

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving Klein.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thanksgiving_(Canada)

klein

The difference is : A church is protected under religous freedom, but a public tax payers institute, (such as a school), isn't.
They should not be teachings things are wrong if they are totally legal under government laws.
Such as abortion, gay marriages, or even common law relationships.

I can hear Morelucks outcry if it was an Islamic School, being public funded, teaching their female students, that it is wrong not to obey pre-arranged marriages, or wrong to not obeying their husband, wrong to cast a vote, or wrong to drive a car.
Even though, that religion has been around longer than USA and Canada together existed !

The public funded schools should not have the right to teach against our freedom of individual rights of our country, period !

menotyou

bella amicizia
The difference is : A church is protected under religous freedom, but a public tax payers institute, (such as a school), isn't.
They should not be teachings things are wrong if they are totally legal under government laws.
Such as abortion, gay marriages, or even common law relationships.

I can hear Morelucks outcry if it was an Islamic School, being public funded, teaching their female students, that it is wrong not to obey pre-arranged marriages, or wrong to not obeying their husband, wrong to cast a vote, or wrong to drive a car.
Even though, that religion has been around longer than USA and Canada together existed !

The public funded schools should not have the right to teach against our freedom of individual rights of our country, period !
As a Catholic, I am offended. Just because it's legal, doesn't make it moral. I have been somewhat open in the fact that I think a woman has a right to choose. The church has a right to follow its teachings, as well.
Period.

klein

As a Catholic, I am offended. Just because it's legal, doesn't make it moral. I have been somewhat open in the fact that I think a woman has a right to choose. The church has a right to follow its teachings, as well.
Period.

Yes, the church, the parents, but not a public funded school !
Aren't schools already in the headlines for not providing adequate education for the funds they are getting ?
Why waste time on religious beliefs that are taught at home & the church, in schools , when that time could be used for math and science studies instead ?

I suppose you Catholics and Christians don't like this new ruling either :

University of Windsor drops convocation prayer after campus atheists protest

Last edited:

menotyou

bella amicizia
Yes, the church, the parents, but not a public funded school !
Aren't schools already in the headlines for not providing adequate education for the funds they are getting ?
Why waste time on religious beliefs that are taught at home & the church, in schools , when that time could be used for math and science studies instead ?

I suppose you Catholics and Christians don't like this new ruling either :

University of Windsor drops convocation prayer after campus atheists protest
The Pope is God's messenger. Not the Premier. Whether you agree with the message, it's from the highest power.
If it's a publicly funded school, it should teach all​ point of view.

moreluck

golden ticket member
If its a Catholic school, they can teach what they want. Canada can cut the funding, but cannot dictate the curriculum!!!
:censored2; 'em, ................parents can support the school with tuitions and money raising drives. They can tell canada to go to hell!!

klein

Totally unbias, but the article doesn't mention crime and murder rates, or longer years of living, among other things.

border1024_uni_1350485198.jpg

Is it better to live in Canada or the U.S.?

Both Canadians and Americans would say their country is best, but they often don't know all the facts about each other. Comparison